Thread: Intense Storm

Default Intense Storm

Are the denizens of AK worried about this approaching storm...or is the wimp media from the lower 48 just blowing this (bad pun) out of proportion?

Good Luck to all the forum members who may be impacted!

Fred

It is so far from the main land, we won't notice anything unusual.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Yeah- if you're on the W. coast of AK you're likely going to get some weather and you'll definitely get some if you're in the Chain. Otherwise, we might get some snow out of it.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

There is almost certainly going to be some wind and rain, but for us there won't be much more than that.
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Wanna have some fun, go to this site. It shows the globe with animated wind patterns. When the page opens, put your cursor on the globe, then hold down your mouse key while moving the cursor. You can rotate the globe anywhere you want. The storm shows up really well. Kinda fun to watch hurricanes when they happen, too.

We're not getting the brunt of it. The Kamchatka Peninsula in Russia is getting blasted.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    Wanna have some fun, go to this site. It shows the globe with animated wind patterns. When the page opens, put your cursor on the globe, then hold down your mouse key while moving the cursor. You can rotate the globe anywhere you want. The storm shows up really well. Kinda fun to watch hurricanes when they happen, too.
    I like that sight BB

Doesn't fully account for the mountains though. Right now Russia is getting pounded but there is also a sizeable system in the Gulf of Alaska I bet Valdez is getting dumped on big now but due to the Coastal Range Anchorage/MatSu/points inland are getting just gray skies.

Got to say though its 67* and lovely here on my porch in Arizona this evening . . . I miss Alaska but it isn't all bad here.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    This site also gives you some kind of an idea of what the weather will do in the next 10 days.

http://www.weatherstreet.com/states/...0-forecast.htm ( Just move the arrow across the days at the bottom of the map )

Nothing happening so far.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...