Thread: Game camera suggestions

Default Game camera suggestions

I have owned several game cameras in the past. I'm just wondering if there's anything new
    and better I should be aware of?

First bought a 35mm Moultrie years ago.
    Then a Stealthcam that was good at a distance but went through batteries fast. It stopped working.
    I have a Cuddeback flash that was great for catching predators on trails but it died.
    Then I bought another big ole Moultrie IR that is okay for over food but is slow to react. The display has also
    started to fade.
    Then I bought a Walmart Bushnell which is still going. But it whites out objects if too close. It's also basically not taking pictures.

I currently have the Bushnell over a road killed deer and a bobcat has been feeding on it. But
    the Bushnell just is not catching the pictures. I am pretty good at positioning the cameras.
    The bobcat ate the shoulder and rear area and I got one picture of it leaving.

I have not researched game cameras for a while. I would like a quick, reliable camera that
    can cover a little distance. The Bushnell is about 10 feet away from the deer and it's not catching
    the pictures. So can anyone recommend anything new that might be better?

My neighbor just bought a Browning. Does anyone have any experience with Browning? I won't
    know his results until spring.

Would not recommend a Primos brand.....FYI.
    Have a bushnell that has been great though.
    BK

my next game cam will be cellular or wireless. save me some driving, walking or disturbing the area

Good luck with that in Alaska Happily, hopefully that will be available one day. We've looked into it and so far have come up blank for service up here.

Scoutguard cameras I have a bunch of the them work great
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

I have a Bushnell I love, a graph is darn near give away...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree most places might not work but I hunt a few where my $70 cell booster gives me 4g. I assume the radio wireless would work. Definitely save some disturbing the area and walking

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    Good luck with that in Alaska Happily, hopefully that will be available one day. We've looked into it and so far have come up blank for service up here.
    Co-worker owns quite a bit of land around Chickaloon, and has great success with wireless cameras. He's even left in the middle of the day to go and see if a bear was still around.

read the reviews on line.

reconyx is the best by a mile.

july27 068.jpgIMAG0011.jpgI got these & dozens more with my scoutguard. We got better day shots than nights- but I wasn't interested in spending a fortune, so I was really happy.

I've been searching reviews. The Moultrie panoramic looks interesting. But more to go wrong with
    the moving parts. My Bushnell eventually caught a coyote that kept running back and forth past the
    camera. The Moultrie panoramic might have caught more pictures of the coyote as it ran back and forth.
    I sometimes like to hang my cameras high in the trees to hide them. Some of my cameras also have black bear teeth
    and claw marks on them. I don't think the panoramic would work well higher in a tree. Unless aiming for birds.

If I knew how to post a video I'd show you my Scoutguard camera. I hang them 8 ft in the tree and they work fine
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

I have a Bushnell Trophy cam. I have used it for two years. It has been a good camera. It takes great pics, its fast, quick recover time, and easy on batteries. If I were you I would go check out trailcampro.com They have reviews of all the cameras they sell. They stand behind their products and are a great business. I ordered a cheaper model Bushnell camera from them. They called me the next day to let me know it was discontinued and they would let me have the trophy cam for the price of the cheaper model.

Does anyone have the Bushnell Trophy Cam HD Wireless? If so, how did it work

I've had good luck with the Bushnell Trophy Cams, but it is very frustrating that the batteries aren't secured very well and if they get jostled they will lose power. Even worse, when they lose power you lose some of your settings. No big deal so long as you recognize that you need to re-enter the settings. Pain in the butt if you don't notice.

Quote Originally Posted by HikerDan View Post
    I've had good luck with the Bushnell Trophy Cams, but it is very frustrating that the batteries aren't secured very well and if they get jostled they will lose power. Even worse, when they lose power you lose some of your settings. No big deal so long as you recognize that you need to re-enter the settings. Pain in the butt if you don't notice.
    I was pulling my hair out with that last spring, I ended up folding up a paper towel and sticking it between the two halves, that completely solved my problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the Bushnell Trophy Cams. I have Moultrie and Bushnell, and the latter is much better IMO

Moultree 990I I feel is the best for the money. We run 9 Moultree cameras and all have great battery life and great pics. The 990s have a quick trigger speed as well and have outlasted my Cuddy Backs. Also worth noting that Moultree has pretty good customer service on camera repairs and replacements.