Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beware!!

Default Beware!!

Beware,, this may be a scam,, I know for sure that the photo is me and my boat. This is not my ad and my boat is not for sale. so whoever this is is at a minimum using my photo without my permission and may be trying to scam people.

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/4743020769.html
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Wow...maybe they know where your boat is? Wonder how they got that photo...
    "Grin and Bear It"

Saw it on Craigslist for about a week. Guess there just grabbing people's pics off Internet now & trying to sell stuff....crazy

Funny you just posted this. I saw the ad a couple days ago, recognized the photo, and was thinking about PM'ing you about it.... Crazy the things people will do. I wonder what they're up to.

Scott

Would you like us forum members to flag it for you? If it was me & my boat, I would want to catch them.
    "Grin and Bear It"

If that was me and my boat I would contact them and set up an appointed to see the boat.

Pretty rude to use your photo...even if they do have a boat like that for sale.
    "Grin and Bear It"

Quote Originally Posted by Fin Chaser View Post
    Funny you just posted this. I saw the ad a couple days ago, recognized the photo, and was thinking about PM'ing you about it.... Crazy the things people will do. I wonder what they're up to.

Scott
    I actually did just that. I was worried we were losing a great story teller on the forum so I pm'd him to inquire. Thankfully we can look forward to more hunt stories.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    If that was me and my boat I would contact them and set up an appointed to see the boat.
    ......Ditto.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Be a long drive,, I'm looking at mine, so I know it's home. That is a cool photo,, But my Wolly is a 2006.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

If the boat was mine I would email the local FBI office: anchoragefbi@ak.net

And/or report it online to the FBI internet crime unit: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    Be a long drive,, I'm looking at mine, so I know it's home. That is a cool photo,, But my Wolly is a 2006.
    Sense he using your picture why can't you use a friend or two to be YOU.

Fair is Fair!!

"Leave me a contact number."

Sounds cagey.

I sent him an email full of questions.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

How awesome would it be if you showed up for an appointment and you had this uncanny resemblance to the man in the picture.

I'm sure you'd get radio silence before the meeting, but the scenario would be fun.....especially wtih the troopers around the corner.

It is crap that someone is using your photo to sell their boat Steve, no argument there.

A Google image keyword search for "Wooldridge Alaskan II" brought that same photo up, not too terribly far down the page.

In no way am I condoning the ad, but unless more is known, I would wager this isn't quite FBI material.......
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Yea, If you are looking for pictures of a Alaskan II, Google quickly leads you back to this forum where that picture, as well as one more, was posted in 2008.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...dge-alaskan-II

It will be interesting to see if it is a scam, or someone without pictures of their boat taking a shortcut. I can't believe that someone with a boat like that doesn't have tons of personal pictures of it.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

CL scams using online photos of stuff not for actual sale are pretty common. If you don't report it some sucker may get burned on it.
    14 Days to Alaska
    Also available on Kindle and Nook

Quote Originally Posted by Troy Hamon View Post
    CL scams using online photos of stuff not for actual sale are pretty common. If you don't report it some sucker may get burned on it.
    Kind of along the same theme but not necessarily intended to scam.... Some people who don't have the equipment or expertise to upload photos often cut/paste an image of a similar item and place it in their ad. That's a way cool pic of stid2677 and his ride! Even if no fraud was intended, they should have used a stock image, instead. Per post #10 I'm glad he's looking at it. On another note, I think every trailer should have a hitch lock on it and/or blocked up on one side, if not both, wheel(s) removed with hubs draped for weather protection. If someone has designs on your stuff, might as well make it a real time consuming exercise to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    Beware,, this may be a scam,, I know for sure that the photo is me and my boat. This is not my ad and my boat is not for sale. so whoever this is is at a minimum using my photo without my permission and may be trying to scam people.

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/4743020769.html
    I saw the add was wondering. Then I thought maybe he upgrading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Maybe he just used a photo he found similar to his because his boat is already shrink wrapped for the winter....?
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast