Thread: Tent Selection

Default Tent Selection

Does anybody know of a tent similar to the GoLite SL-3 or SL-5. I have never used a tent like one of these but I'm thinking about trying one because I have heard really good things about them. i would like to stay in the same price range as the GoLite since I have never used one before and not sure if I will like that style tent. Thanks for any info in advance.

I have used both. They are great tents, can be guyed out for insane winds, and are as simple as it gets. I prefer the 5 but I'm tall. We have the bug mesh inner nest and when you pitch it for windy conditions the nest hangs down a bit. But that allows you to raise it up for calm conditions to improve venting.

These tents are only as good as the stakes you use and the quality of your work pitching them...
    14 Days to Alaska
    Also available on Kindle and Nook

Troy,

Thanks for the info on the tents. I have heard that they would stand up to a lot of wind. GoLite sells out of them pretty quick also so that should say something about them also. I am on there email list for when they get some more in stock but I would be open for a good use one that hasn't been damaged and they are not asking new price for it.

I carry 12 inch stakes for these, with lots of surface area. Good luck in your shopping.
    14 Days to Alaska
    Also available on Kindle and Nook