Thread: Upper Susitna Shooters closed for winter

Default Upper Susitna Shooters closed for winter

I'm trying to get the word out so folks don't mistakenly make a wasted drive north. Upper Susitna Shooters range at mile 94 of the Parks Hwy. is closed for the winter. We continue to grow and had a fantastic summer. However, the lack of shooters in the winter does not justify the costs to keep up with plowing and other maintenance. Also, we have a difficult time rounding up volunteers to run the range in the colder months.

We plan to have a Range Safety Officer class in March or April to gather up more volunteers to help run the range. If you are interested in joining us to help run the range, keep track of the information on our Facebook page.

Thanks to all of those that have come out to enjoy the range this year. We will reopen on Saturdays in March and expand the open days from there.

We continue to work towards improving the 1000 yard range and hope to work on it extensively in 2015.

As always, I am available at all times on my cell phone at 841-3200 and opening the range for groups of shooters can be arranged.

Doug Moore
    USSA President and Chief RSO
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Thanks for the update, I need/hope to be able to get that direction next spring/summer. Have a good winter and get lots of snow machine riding in.