Thread: Got my tracks for the Jeep! Bring on the snow! Pic's!

Default Got my tracks for the Jeep! Bring on the snow! Pic's!

Finally was able to order my tracks and get them installed for the Jeep. It will now be much easier to make town runs for things that can't freeze! Will also help get guests in and out that prefer not to ride the 65 miles to the lodge in the winter! These tracks are by American Track Truck out of Michigan. Jeff King bought a set last winter and used it to come in and out all winter. He put on nearly 5000 miles without any issue. Simple system, and just uses normal snow machine tracks for each one, and it's easy take tires off and put tracks on without any modifications. I put on a 2" lift kit but the manufacturer of the tracks said it's probably not needed. Now I just need a lot of snow!

Claude
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Looks good Claude. Hope to be in there this winter.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

That is awesome......enjoy and report back at what they can handle.

Quote Originally Posted by denalihunter View Post
    Finally was able to order my tracks and get them installed for the Jeep. It will now be much easier to make town runs for things that can't freeze! Will also help get guests in and out that prefer not to ride the 65 miles to the lodge in the winter! These tracks are by American Track Truck out of Michigan. Jeff King bought a set last winter and used it to come in and out all winter. He put on nearly 5000 miles without any issue. Simple system, and just uses normal snow machine tracks for each one, and it's easy take tires off and put tracks on without any modifications. I put on a 2" lift kit but the manufacturer of the tracks said it's probably not needed. Now I just need a lot of snow!

Claude
    How do those things work Claude?

Is it a chain/gear drive system?

Interesting, keep us posted on how they do and hopefully some awsome pictures.

Just bolts right on to the hub, like a tire. No changes needed to the vehicle and they put them on small cars to big trucks. Took me less than an hour to take the tires off and mount the tracks and I was good to go! Really really simple. The basic is $8500 or so. I added some longer tracks for the back, and studded track. Shipping was $800. So my total was $10,900.00 to Anchorage. Not bad when you consider how many miles I put on snow machines in the winter. If I can haul 4 to 5 people in on this, that is a lot of wear an tear off the snow machines.

Just bolts right on to the hub, like a tire. No changes needed to the vehicle and they put them on small cars to big trucks. Took me less than an hour to take the tires off and mount the tracks and I was good to go! Really really simple. The basic is $8500 or so. I added some longer tracks for the back, and studded track. Shipping was $800. So my total was $10,900.00 to Anchorage. Not bad when you consider how many miles I put on snow machines in the winter. If I can haul 4 to 5 people in on this, that is a lot of wear an tear off the snow machines.
    What kinda speed do they recommend for them?

I haven't seen a speed recommendation. I know that Jeff has run his at 40MPH. When I used it last winter, I ran it at 25mph with no problem. I'll probably take it easy on it to get the most life out of them. There are video's of the tracks on a car that was doing at least 50mph on their website.
    Claude

That's quite a bit cheaper than others I have seen. Looks like a lot of fun (getting stuck even deeper now)....lol.

I've got an 07 Wrangler....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

It's a great system for Claude's situation. I, for one, am sure going to appreciate it when he keeps the trail nice and smooth this winter
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_skipper View Post
    What kinda speed do they recommend for them?
    A buddy has a set that he can run over 40mph. He said that after 30 minutes over 30 mph, the bearings get hot, so he slowed down.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it