Thread: Press recommendation for .375H&H

Default Press recommendation for .375H&H

I've been reloading .375H&H on an old pacific press that works but it sure is hard work, hand ends up bruised every time. Any recommendations on a press with better leverage for the bigger cases?

Thanks!

What about looking for one on the 'older' RCBS Rock Chucker presses? I have two of them and they have done every well. The largest cailber that I have loaded on mine has been the 459 WM, so I am not sure what the differnece would be, compared to your 375 H&H.

Any relatively modern single stage should serve you well. Always hard to go wrong with a plain jane Rockchucker. I'm loving my newer Redding T-7 though; highly recommended.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

2 rock chuckers and 1 old herters do me fine

I used an RCBS Partner for many years reloading .375 H&H, reforming .460 W to .500 A-Sq and a bunch of others. It is a pain with the long cases so I finally found a mint RCBS Rockchucker. One of the older heavy cast iron jobs. It is amazing. So much easier.
    www.CH4D.com
    www.RCBS.com
    www.redding-reloading.com
    www.lymanproducts.com
    www.forsterproducts.com
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Thanks a bunch fellas, I think I'm going to find a rock chucker or redding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look hard at the Forster Coax press.
    It's amazing.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Have you looked at the Lyman T-Mag? It is a turret press. I have had it for years. I will never buy a single stage press again. I enen use one for my comercial ammo business for small runs or obscure rounds. I have loaded 340 Wby, RUMs, 460 Wby on it and never have a problem. Allows you to leave your seater dies in the tool head as well.

Over 40 years of loading 375 and other bigguns on a Rockchucker. Never an issue, and it hasn't worn out yet!

Another vote for the co-ax, my rockchucker collects dust after I got the co-ax.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

You guys have expensive taste! I like all of the suggestions, now I just gotta find someone to buy me one of each!

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a Lee aniversary set. 1000 rounds of 375 later it is like new. Best 100 bucks you will spend.
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

I like the co-ax not because it's expensive, I like it because IMHO it's the finest single stage press you can buy. I had a Lyman t-mag with 5 turrets, but sold it after getting the co-ax. With the co-ax you can slide dies in and out just as fast as twisting a turret, but you don't have to buy extra turrets or spend the time changing them out. Also the co-ax shell holder jaws are faster than a conventional shell holder and the shell and die "floats" so that the case self aligns in the die.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Still using my original Rockchucker. 9mm Makarov all the way to 375 H&H. Works good.