Thread: Copper River Reds

Default Copper River Reds

Is the snagging technique used for catching Reds in the Kenai also used in the Copper River? Are the regs different for the Copper River. Thanks

To my knowledge, snagging is not allowed in any fresh water in the state.

Dipnetting on the Copper and Kenai have the same regs on nets, though folks use smaller nets on the Copper due to the faster current.

The season timing, limits and permits required are different for both rivers. You do need to be a resident with a resident sport fish license.

Exclamation No one should interpret the regs for another on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Palo Cedro View Post
    Is the snagging technique used for catching Reds in the Kenai also used in the Copper River? Are the regs different for the Copper River. Thanks
    You should always refer any regulation questions to the dept of fish and game -- that is what they are paid for. Reliance on a particular person's interpretation of the regs is dangerous and often mistaken. That being said, I will contradict myself and offer one comment -- I beleive (almost) everyone knows that snagging is forbidden on the Kenai.

yes lining is the best way to catch reds in most situations in larger rivers the regs are different evrywhere get a copy and study them
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.