Thread: Pope and Young Record Lookup?

Default Pope and Young Record Lookup?

I recently got a brown bear scored for the Pope and Young. But I can't find a copy of the record book anywhere and I don't feel like paying about $50 for one before my bear is entered. Could someone who has a copy of a recent record book tell me about where my bear will rank? It scored 26 6/16". I'm just really curious where it ranks and I don't want to wait to here back from the P&Y.

Thanks!!

If you are interested in referencing P&Y, I'd highly recommend you join the club and support bowhunting on the highest level available. The magazine they send out, The Ethic, is worth more than the membership and better than any other publication available.... WR is 29"+
    , I'd guess 26 is in the top 20.

Nick, thanks for the info. I did join the club. I had my bear scored and sent in my membership application with all of the scoring paperwork. However, it is taking a while for them to process things (they haven't even cashed my check yet) and I was hoping to get a feel for where my bear ranks while I'm waiting. I was hoping some other members out there had a record book handy and could give me an approximate rank.

If you contact them, you can get your username and password for the Members Section of their website, the numbers you are looking for will be available to you then.

Thanks Nick. I don't think they have processed my membership yet as I haven't seen the check cashed. i sent them an email today inquiring about the status of my membership. Maybe I will just have to be more patient. Are you a member? If so, would you mind taking a look to see where my bear ranks?

Thanks so much!

I figured this thread would work quickly! No luck so far. I called the pope and young yesterday about my membership and they hadn't received my paperwork yet! Maybe it got lost in the mail? Anyway, to clarify I have sent in my bear score and I sent in a membership application. I'm just waiting for them to respond. I was hoping that someone among all of the bowhunters on here could just look it up for me. The anticipation is killing me!

heres an idea....38 bears over 26" (don't scroll down, at the top)
    http://issuu.com/pyethic/docs/py_eth..._fall__web_/30

Quote Originally Posted by Happily View Post
    heres an idea....38 bears over 26" (don't scroll down, at the top)
    http://issuu.com/pyethic/docs/py_eth..._fall__web_/30
    I got in touch with the P&Y today. They haven't received my paperwork so now I have to chase that. But they did tell me that my bear will rank #34. I'm pretty stoked about that.