Thread: Picked up 2 more snow machines

Default Picked up 2 more snow machines

A few years ago due to some trading and coming across good deals, I ended up with 7 snow machines. I really only need 2. One for me, and one for a guest. I did some selling and got back to 2. Fast forward to 2014, and I have 5 again. Just couldn't pass up on some good deals. Will do some TLC and when the snow hits I plan to post a couple of them for sale. This time I have all Polaris machines. Last time it was a mix of Polaris and Skidoo. Oh, and 1 Yamaha. It was the 1000cc beast Attak. Sold it to a fellow out in the bush, and shipped it out. I must have an addiction. Anyone else get carried away like this?
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeRoss View Post
    A few years ago due to some trading and coming across good deals, I ended up with 7 snow machines. I really only need 2. One for me, and one for a guest. I did some selling and got back to 2. Fast forward to 2014, and I have 5 again. Just couldn't pass up on some good deals. Will do some TLC and when the snow hits I plan to post a couple of them for sale. This time I have all Polaris machines. Last time it was a mix of Polaris and Skidoo. Oh, and 1 Yamaha. It was the 1000cc beast Attak. Sold it to a fellow out in the bush, and shipped it out. I must have an addiction. Anyone else get carried away like this?
    No I only have 4 snowmachines for the three in my family. Mine are all Skidoos.
    I won't get into a brand war but Polaris doesn't make the top 5 in my list of brands I would own/ride.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Yes I too have the problem. I'm a vintage machine kind of guy and as far as sleds will be thinning as well. I have my 69' Panther that I ride exclusively, a 71' Axial Flo Panther, a 90 Cougar (bought so the motor could go in the Axial), a 1980 Motor Ski Super Sonic I thought I would vintage race and the Wife's 07' Tundra 300....there's just 2 of us.
    Also is my dirt bikes... 90' KTM 540 dxc, 82' KTM 495, 81' Yz 125 and 3 Honda trail 90's..... a 2003 Honda Foreman 450s, 2012 Grizzly 700 and a 2013 Big Boss....again....only 2 of us. Whenever I get after my Wife for another pair of shoes for her shoe fetish I hear all bout my little collection, imagine that.
    I have the other thread going here about a new sled I'm after and have already come to grips with the sled inventory only consisting of my 69' Panther, Wife's Tundra and whatever new sled I end up with....
    I'm picky about everything being in storage and orderly and out of sight so it gets to be a chore getting things out for use...yup time to thin.

I'm guilty as well. I come across too many great deals. Best one was a Skidoo Grand Touring for $500, moving sale in July. Had 300 miles and supposedly would not run. Got it home and put in fresh gas and new plugs and fired right up. Finally sold it this fall for a few thousand more than I payed for it after a few years of riding it.
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Grayling Slayer View Post
    I'm guilty as well. I come across too many great deals. Best one was a Skidoo Grand Touring for $500, moving sale in July. Had 300 miles and supposedly would not run. Got it home and put in fresh gas and new plugs and fired right up. Finally sold it this fall for a few thousand more than I payed for it after a few years of riding it.
    I picked up a pair of Skidoos a few years back, on a trailer. Moving out of state in the summer. Forget what I ended up making off that deal when I broke them up, but I'm sure it put a smile on my face.

Anyone else get carried away like this?

You say that like its a bad thing....

6 snowmachines as of now. Assorted other things with Carburators-- too many to list..

I am seeking therapy..My wife drives me there to make sure I go...

kevin
    2002 Wooldridge Sport 2000, 21', 350 Kodiak Jet, "CindyLou"
    26' Olympic Sport Sedan, 5.7 Volvo, 280 Volvo, getting there, "CindyLouTwo"
    20' Alumatech Airboat
    EagleQuest Cabins and Lodge--Willow

I don't think I get carried away...
    340 Lite GT, 340 Touring, 440 Sport, 500 Classic, Elan, 2011 tundra. Would have had more but sold 2 last year. Also;
    Suzuki King Quad, Honda Rancher, Polaris Sportsman 500, Polaris Sportsman 500 HO. Had a Yamaha I sold.
    Boats... Let's see, only 3 w/ motors, that's if you don't include the Grumman Sport Boat w/ a 5hp, and another canoe, and 2 kayaks. But have 2 more OMC 88 for more boat projects.
    Nah. No problems here. Oh, I see something new and shiny on CL...
    ARR

Quote Originally Posted by Ak River Rat View Post
    I don't think I get carried away...
    340 Lite GT, 340 Touring, 440 Sport, 500 Classic, Elan, 2011 tundra. Would have had more but sold 2 last year. Also;
    Suzuki King Quad, Honda Rancher, Polaris Sportsman 500, Polaris Sportsman 500 HO. Had a Yamaha I sold.
    Boats... Let's see, only 3 w/ motors, that's if you don't include the Grumman Sport Boat w/ a 5hp, and another canoe, and 2 kayaks. But have 2 more OMC 88 for more boat projects.
    Nah. No problems here. Oh, I see something new and shiny on CL...
    ARR
    Looks like you're doing o.k. with the toys. I got into kayaks this year. Started with one, ended up with three. Got talked out of two of them. But I am looking for one about 12 feet for some special places I want to go.

And right now it is just me using them, at least mostly. Wife warned me no more engines in the yard unless I get rid of something. So, no more stuff in the yard. My yard that is.
    ARR

Quote Originally Posted by keh View Post
    I am seeking therapy..My wife drives me there to make sure I go...
    Too funny...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I call it your "piston count". When I moved to Alaska 35 years ago I owned 4 pistons. Now it's nearly 100. Alaska has a way of making your piston count skyrocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinglishna View Post
    I call it your "piston count". When I moved to Alaska 35 years ago I owned 4 pistons. Now it's nearly 100. Alaska has a way of making your piston count skyrocket.
    I used to count tire on the ground. The numbers add up fast when one of the vehicles is a Kenworth.