Thread: You will find this enlightening Float Planner out of the Great Lakes area

Default You will find this enlightening Float Planner out of the Great Lakes area

I have deleted the names however I thought being that this is Alaska and we all try to get along in the business of providing service to people I was a bit taken back when one of my rental clients told me about this.

Shocking to be honest. I had no idea ONE person could own and entire public river ad that because they wish to make money in Alaska when they don't even live here they can tell other non-Res hunters if they use the river it will become a hostile environment. Note the Phrase IT WILL BECOME A HOSTILE AREA. I wonder what the State Troopers would think of such a threat.

Enjoy the read: First conversation is a person trying to make a choice about the river they might wish to float listed below.

Where's your last group starting from on the 14th, and where do they come
    > out on the 26th?
    > Knowing how much floating they need to do will help me stay behind. If
    > they stay anywhere for too long, however, (more than 2 days), they'll be
    > hard to avoid. Since I come out the same day, I might be able to choose a
    > different take out spot.

Respond from the hunt planner:

if you float up and pass another group I am sure you'll be very unwelcome
    and it will become a hostile area- I have seen it happen before !!!!! I
    talked to you before and some how you located the river I use from my
    videos.

I suggest you keep your ass up high and float real slow - I also will be
    there making a video this year -so good odds I will see you there on the
    river...your creating a big mess and could ruin peoples dream hunts of a
    once in a lifetime trip

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMoose View Post
    I have deleted the names however I thought being that this is Alaska and we all try to get along in the business of providing service to people I was a bit taken back when one of my rental clients told me about this.

Shocking to be honest. I had no idea ONE person could own and entire public river ad that because they wish to make money in Alaska when they don't even live here they can tell other non-Res hunters if they use the river it will become a hostile environment. Note the Phrase IT WILL BECOME A HOSTILE AREA. I wonder what the State Troopers would think of such a threat.

Enjoy the read: First conversation is a person trying to make a choice about the river they might wish to float listed below.

Where's your last group starting from on the 14th, and where do they come
    > out on the 26th?
    > Knowing how much floating they need to do will help me stay behind. If
    > they stay anywhere for too long, however, (more than 2 days), they'll be
    > hard to avoid. Since I come out the same day, I might be able to choose a
    > different take out spot.

Respond from the hunt planner:

if you float up and pass another group I am sure you'll be very unwelcome
    and it will become a hostile area- I have seen it happen before !!!!! I
    talked to you before and some how you located the river I use from my
    videos.

I suggest you keep your ass up high and float real slow - I also will be
    there making a video this year -so good odds I will see you there on the
    river...your creating a big mess and could ruin peoples dream hunts of a
    once in a lifetime trip
    Makes me wonder if there is a back story. Obviously these two people have had previous conversations.
    But it is public land.
    As far as a threat? I think it is more of a warning.

Could he possibly be referring to running into locals? I've heard some places that the locals are very unfriendly to outsiders.

Bet the first thing the troopers would do is see if he has a guide license, then pull his clients aside for a little chat.

TO clarify the gent who emailed the hunt planner had made plans to hunt the river off of information he had gathered on his own. He was told there was a hunt planner working the area. He thought it best to contact the hunt planner to make sure he could avoid other people. Straight up the and I read all the emails between the two there was no prior contact just a person wanting to hunt an area and being polite by asking another hunter / planner about it to be able to avoid other people.

I would post the rest of the data however it would be way to easy to find out who both individuals are. It was not anyone who frequently post on this forum.

Post up the rivers name and the problem will take care of it self.

I could but can't roll that way on this one. Great Idea though.

Quote Originally Posted by mossyhorn View Post
    Could he possibly be referring to running into locals? I've heard some places that the locals are very unfriendly to outsiders.
    I don't doubt that the natives "could" be unfriendly, as that's always a possibility. But from reading the last paragraph this "planner" wrote, It seems to me that this jerk only want's to have the whole area to himself and his "planned" hunters.....

It's always amazing to me that in this day in age some of these guys still think they are the only ones entitled to a whole section of the country.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I realize that we are not supposed to use this site to trash talk people or companies, however, to directly quote a person is not a negative post. A person speaking on behalf of a business is responsible for being professional, and it is not the responsibility of others to protect their lack of professionalism.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if these are direct quotes, then I do not see any reason why the name of this "hunt planner" shouldn't be named out loud. It is all a matter of fact, not slander. We can all then draw our own conclusions.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

Yeah if they write it they write it. It's basically just advertising his email for him.

Also it's probably that river that was in that other thread with Martentrapper. My guess.

I would be interested to know who they are. I'm a new resident of Alaska and haven't done much hunting here because I don't know where to go. I grew up hunting and I'm comfortable with my ability to "hack it." But I can see myself having to use a hunt planner to point me in the right direction.