Thread: Helmet lights for night hunts.....Green or Red or White or all.....???

Default Helmet lights for night hunts.....Green or Red or White or all.....???

I am looking to mount some lights on a "Lightweight Marine Corps Helmet" and could use some advise on preferred mounting systems, preferred light colors for winter predator hunting. I am thinking the sidewinder light and mount, but very open to suggestions.

I watched a show on TV recently whee the guys were trying to show light color was irrelevant, they killed a bunch of coyotes with white light rather than the normal red or green. I've got no experience night hunting personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bump.....looking for some input on this.

don't know much about a "helmet mount" my light is connected to my scope so no need to wear a helmet! only shot one lynx with this setup and it didn't seem bothered too much by my white light (didn't give it much time though).

Ive only called in 2 fox but both of them ran into 30 yards and wee both with a white light.. Was just using a 80 lumen head lamp though, so maybe the low intensity didnt make them nervous?

I think the biggest issue using white light is your own vision, not the critters, if using it to look at something you hear coming in. I haven't seen any light color make them bolt instantly; white light destroys your night sight for a few minutes, though. Especially annoying if you just need to snap on a light for a second to check for gear or look at the trail. Red light is awesome for that, and doesn't seem to bother game at all.