Thread: Reloading clinics in Anchorage?

Default Reloading clinics in Anchorage?

Howdy,
    Does anyone know of anyplace that offers reloading clinics for the beginner? The thought of working up loads that work well for my rifles seems very satisfying, but I'd really like to have a better idea of what I"m getting into before I make the commitment by buying a kit.

Thanks,
    Steve

I think cabelas had one a while back.
    might consider buying a reloading manual and read up, then decide.

Quote Originally Posted by sh View Post
    I think cabelas had one a while back.
    might consider buying a reloading manual and read up, then decide.
    Yup. When reading a book, you can set it aside to think about what you've read. Then pick it back up. You can't do that with someone blabbering a how-to class. A clinic would be fun, but read the manual(s) first so you have a leg up on the instructors course should you choose to take a class.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Sportsmans warehouse seems to have one almost quarterly down here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default a Idea

Quote Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
    Howdy,
    Does anyone know of anyplace that offers reloading clinics for the beginner? The thought of working up loads that work well for my rifles seems very satisfying, but I'd really like to have a better idea of what I"m getting into before I make the commitment by buying a kit.

Thanks,
    Steve
    Ill give you one even better.... Go see Sterling at Arctic Ammo and Reloading. He's always more then happy to show you the ropes and show you how to use the equipment. you'll never meet a nicer guy and once you have a good working relationship with him he will be there to answer any questions you might have long after some sportsman's warehouse employee with questionable expertise has moved on to better things. I don't work for them or represent them in anyway, I've just had good experiences dealing with those folks.

just my 2 cents