Thread: New Sport Jet Reverse Linkage by Flow Tec

Default New Sport Jet Reverse Linkage by Flow Tec

New Sport Jet reverse linkage by Flow Tec is now available.

Click the link below to watch: "Installing Flow Tec Linkage on a Sport Jet." WB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WthKN7b5oK4

Default great!

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Wooldridge View Post

Glenn, thanks for posting. This has been something I have wanted for awhile. I have been using your reverse bucket for 2 seasons and an easier, smoother transition from forward to reverse will be fantastic.

Do we buy all the components through you or Flow Tec?

M.

Quote Originally Posted by palasz View Post
    Glenn, thanks for posting. This has been something I have wanted for awhile. I have been using your reverse bucket for 2 seasons and an easier, smoother transition from forward to reverse will be fantastic.

Do we buy all the components through you or Flow Tec?

M.
    The main thing the linkage does is lock the bucket into reverse so there is no pressure on the cable or shifter when powerering in reverse or throwing the boat in reverse to stop the boat fast. Sam does not retail so you can order it from a marina or it's avaible on our web sight store. Glen

I am definatly guna look into getting that linkage for my boat as I believe my cables have streched a bit and Im hoping it will help with the wear on the bushing as I am goin thru the bronze infused bushings like crazy. 4 pair this season. I actually got a new type at the end of the season, stainless with a teflon coatin on the inside. Only made one run up to Knik Glacier with them so really havnt beat them up yet. Guna have to wait till next year to see how they do... Excited about this new linkage tho...
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

That looks great! Glenn do you know if the bracket will fit with an aftermarket nozzle?

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    That looks great! Glenn do you know if the bracket will fit with an aftermarket nozzle?
    I don't know, I haven't tried it. It uses the nozzle studs to mount the main bracket. If the bucket is the same relation to the main jet it seems like it should work. Glen

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the fisher View Post
    I am definatly guna look into getting that linkage for my boat as I believe my cables have streched a bit and Im hoping it will help with the wear on the bushing as I am goin thru the bronze infused bushings like crazy. 4 pair this season. I actually got a new type at the end of the season, stainless with a teflon coatin on the inside. Only made one run up to Knik Glacier with them so really havnt beat them up yet. Guna have to wait till next year to see how they do... Excited about this new linkage tho...
    Got 5 hours out of a set. Ran a whole weekend with no bucket.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Tried to order a flow tec but the website shows "Sorry, this item has reached its stock limit...I guess that means none are on hand to order.

What say you Mr. Wooldridge? I like to get one as soon as they become available...

Quote Originally Posted by Armed_alaskan View Post
    Tried to order a flow tec but the website shows "Sorry, this item has reached its stock limit...I guess that means none are on hand to order.

What say you Mr. Wooldridge? I like to get one as soon as they become available...
    I have a few in stock now call the boat shop on Monday ask for Tim. 206 722 8998

Will do, thank you

I have a few in stock now call the boat shop on Monday ask for Tim. 206 722 8998

Now, I ask you, where else can you get that kind of service from a builder? They are a class outfit.
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

No where else I know of. Wooldrige is First Class all the way.. from top to bottom.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Music Man View Post
    Now, I ask you, where else can you get that kind of service from a builder? They are a class outfit.

Tim, thanks with the follow up call, I'll be ordering one soon.

Will do, thank you

Tim, thanks with the follow up call, I'll be ordering one soon.
    Tony we're a dealer for Flow Tec as well if you need to pick one up locally. Garret actually modified one of Sam's hamilton console mount controls for a SPJ a while ago and helped Sam in the development of the new one. Flow Tec controls are the best IMHO and well worth any extra cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Halibutgrove View Post
    Tony we're a dealer for Flow Tec as well if you need to pick one up locally. Garret actually modified one of Sam's hamilton console mount controls for a SPJ a while ago and helped Sam in the development of the new one. Flow Tec controls are the best IMHO and well worth any extra cost.
    I'll try and stop by on my day off to take a look at the linkage.
    thx Mel

That is a good looking shifter, wish it would have been out when I had my sportjet. I went through 3 of the plastic piece of junks.

i don't have a sport jet, but a 23' 460 with a Kodiak 3 stage and have the flow tec helm (5/8ths lock to lock and no slop at all!) and 2 lever shifter (easy shifter). everything Glen says is spot on. the workmanship is second to none, they are beautifully done and they work better than advertised. my Kodiak reverse still sucks, but it stays in reverse until i pull it out. the Morse CH2500 throttle could be pulled over-center when you pulled it to the idle position this would cause it to add throttle the further back you pulled it. The Flow Tec unit has positive solid adjustable locks so this cannot happen. It also has a adjustable friction brake to keep everything where you want it. I would strongly recommend this upgrade to any boater sport jet, jet boat or outboards!!