Thread: Echo Bend station of Eagle River at 4.2'

Default Echo Bend station of Eagle River at 4.2'

After running echo bend for the first time last fall I have fell in love with it. It changes into a completely different river through its flow range. At low water there is only a single line where at high water you have free range of some fun drops and big holes. I didn't edit out any of the echo bend section so someone who hasn't ran that section can get a feel for it. I also didn't put any music in at the request of some...
    Enjoy!
    -JR

I intended to write Echo Bend section ... silly auto correct

Looks like you guys had fun. That run not only gets funner when it is running good, but also can be more dangerous because of wood. One time when we ran it at higher water I got sucked through a channel between boulders, the slot next to it was full of wood that I did not even see until I passed through. I also ran it without a dry suit one time, that was stupid.
    Did you see any bears? We ran into a pretty good size grizzly just down from the put in, he did not want to leave either. I think that part adds to its old name Epic Bend. lol

I have yet to see a bear on that run. Wood though .... It has a little bit every time.

Yeah it can get the best of you if you are sleeping. I swam twice on it this year. Once watching a less experienced paddler and bumped a builder at an odd angle and the other I let my guard down just before the rapid yert thinking I had made it through ... lol.

Here is my buddies video of that run. Just a heads up there is a few f-bombs in the music on the video. Note that you can see me swimming on the preview ... Thanks Ariel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akMFLwyuE68

What happened to the poor dog in the video?
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

I think she stepped on something but she didn't have any marks on her paw and wasn't favoring any foot.
    -JR