Thread: Got em done!

Well I got a bunch of jigs painted and ready to mail.
    I will hopefully get them ready to send out tomorrow I just need to add some grub tails for the round heads. These are the new round heads with wire keepers to hold on the soft plastic tails.
    1 box is going to friends in Bethel and the other to Yukon Cornelious for his school class for their fishing project. Hopefully he can still use them.
    I did a mix of colors most being 2 toned jigs.
    Sizes include 3/8,1/2,5/8,3/4,and 1 oz
    The silver looking ones are coated in a holographic foil with an epoxy topcoat. They don't photograph well but look awesome holding them in your hand.
    The rest are a mix of powder paint colors some glow and some not.
    Just for you Dave I even did one in gold with a red head.
    Thanks for the suggestions guys.

"The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    Well I got a bunch of jigs painted and ready to mail.
    I will hopefully get them ready to send out tomorrow I just need to add some grub tails for the round heads. These are the new round heads with wire keepers to hold on the soft plastic tails.
    1 box is going to friends in Bethel and the other to Yukon Cornelious for his school class for their fishing project. Hopefully he can still use them.
    I did a mix of colors most being 2 toned jigs.
    Sizes include 3/8,1/2,5/8,3/4,and 1 oz
    The silver looking ones are coated in a holographic foil with an epoxy topcoat. They don't photograph well but look awesome holding them in your hand.
    The rest are a mix of powder paint colors some glow and some not.
    Just for you Dave I even did one in gold with a red head.
    Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Forgive my ignorance, but what are the round bead looking jigs? How do you fish those?

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    Those are just regular old fashioned ball head jigs.
    Like these: http://www.cabelas.com/product/Fishi...3Bcat104544180
    I've seen them but never used them, you just fish them like a regular jig? No bait or anything else?

EDIT: just read up a bit on using other stuff attached to them...spent my whole life salmon fishing, trying to learn new things!

You can use them with a minnow, worm or leech on them for live bait use or plastic baits such as twister tails, swim baits etc.

Yes they are round or ball head jigs.
    These ones have the new wire keeper instead of a lead barb which holds the plastic on much much better.
    I often use them with bait as well but not always. When the bite is hot you can catch more fish leaving the bait off.
    The fish get aggressive and the plastic lasts longer secured by the wire keeper. Not having to re-bait saves time and keeps the fish schooled under your hole longer as they keep finding something to eat.At least for landlocked Salmon Kokanees rainbows and dollies.
    I catch a lot of fish under the ice using ball head jigs. Usually several 20"+ fish.
    My step son painted the ball heads so the colors are what you get when a 14 year old gets ahold of your fluid beds and powder paint airbrushes.

"The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"