Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ammo guy in Kenai....

Default Ammo guy in Kenai....

Did anybody happen to see that guy selling ammo out of a trailer next to the Salvation Army parking lot last night? Maybe he's still there today...???

Just curious.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Heard about him from Fred Meyers gun counter when traveling down to Homer last Friday. The claim was he was selling for fair prices but no details given.

No details other than he was selling 22lr

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Did anybody happen to see that guy selling ammo out of a trailer next to the Salvation Army parking lot last night? Maybe he's still there today...???

Just curious.....
    I talked with him about getting some 5.56. He wanted $200 for 500 rds. Or $375 for 1000. I thought it was fair.

I think he's on here as "graniteclimber", tho all the threads involving his business endeavors have been disappeared. I believe he's also the "neckbeard" guy on the ar15 and similar forums.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

He is in Homer today... Selling 100 rounds of CCI Mini mags for $15.
    But I just bought the same 100 round brick from Ulmers for $9.95
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

If it's the same guy that was acting so holy online, it makes me think he's trying to get out from under his hoard. Not the same guy, more power to him. If it's not the same guy, I kinda wonder where all the ammo is coming from. His business, not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Float Pilot View Post
    He is in Homer today... Selling 100 rounds of CCI Mini mags for $15.
    But I just bought the same 100 round brick from Ulmers for $9.95
    So did he, probably.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

His .300 Savage is priced higher than SW by $3.

If it is the guy who was granite Climber i wouldn't buy his ammo even if it was significantly less than current retail.
    He cheated the stores and other sportsmen out of ammo by lying and playing games them bragged about it online. He swore he wasn't selling his ill gotten .22. Then I heard he had a business selling ammo on the side.
    If it someone else I have to wonder where he got the ammo in the first place?
    I think I will stick to buying ammo from know sources that was legally and ethically obtained.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Yes I have seen said guy at Cabelas, parks right up front in his big truck with his logo on it, pretty ballsy. Same as Grannys Guns, sends guys out to wipe out the stores and then posts he always has in stock, yeah and for high dollar prices he can keep it, I don't support locals like that, don't care who they are, I'll go to the box stores, who also hires local residents, so I don't care.

Everybody thinks Cody is god for bring ammo to them, but.................what if they didn't support him and the shelves filled up, and when they went into town they could buy, without paying "for my gas prices and vehicle maintanence to deliver and time and gas spent driving all over the state" hahahahahaha, guy shows up saying he has .22lr and everyone swarms.

Quote Originally Posted by BRWHUNTER View Post
    Those prices are comical, glad I didn't stop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting that he wasn't licensed until July. I wonder what happened to all of those Pre-July sales.

http://commerce.state.ak.us/CBP/Main...spx?id=1008813

Well there you go. Look at his powder supply. That's where it all is.

Wish I would have know he was around. I would have stopped by to let him know how much of a scumbag he really is.
    And to think he swore up and down he wasn't selling any of his ill gotten .22 ammo. What a ********* and a liar.
    I have enough .22 for awhile if I don't shot it a lot but only because I bought/buy what ever the stores limit is if/when I do find any. Haven't bought any in probably 6 months or more.
    I have also offered some up for free or what I paid for it to some forum members I know who appeared to be in need.
    Please take into consideration what this guy is doing and do not buy from him. Maybe when people like this have to eat all that ammo they will stop acquiring it and our stores might get some stocked once again.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

He advertizes on Facebook.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeRoss View Post
    He advertizes on Facebook.
    https://www.facebook.com/10mmbelow?fref=ts
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by BRWHUNTER View Post
    Of the ammo prices that I am familiar with he is higher on most and not less than any of the prices that I see at the brick and mortar stores here in Anchorville.

Also I noticed that he is advertising Herters which I thought was a Cabelas store brand?
    If so how did he get it?

The Wife and I ran into this guy stashing powder behind shelves in Cabelas one day and had some words with him. It was awfully tempting to stop in and say hi when he was in Kenai but I probably would have got in trouble...

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    Wish I would have know he was around. I would have stopped by to let him know how much of a scumbag he really is.
    And to think he swore up and down he wasn't selling any of his ill gotten .22 ammo. What a ********* and a liar.
    I have enough .22 for awhile if I don't shot it a lot but only because I bought/buy what ever the stores limit is if/when I do find any. Haven't bought any in probably 6 months or more.
    I have also offered some up for free or what I paid for it to some forum members I know who appeared to be in need.
    Please take into consideration what this guy is doing and do not buy from him. Maybe when people like this have to eat all that ammo they will stop acquiring it and our stores might get some stocked once again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast