Thread: Whats it worth in Alaska: 45 ACP Star Fire Star

Default Whats it worth in Alaska: 45 ACP Star Fire Star

Sorry guys, I know this forum isn't here to put value on guns. I'm not that much into guns, just have a rifle and 2 shotguns to my name. I'm offered it in trade on a older snow go, and just need to be sure all is ok. SS version, made in spain, says STAR on one side and FIRESTAR on the other. Also says INTERARMS, ALEX, VA. Comes with black plastic case, foam lined, several clips and over 1000 rounds of hand loaded ammo, about 3/4 is FMJ and the remainder is hollow point. It looks pretty good to me and I would be giving a 94 Indy 500 fan, in good condition for it. What do you think.
    Wasilla

The handloads are worth 0. The pistol is about 300.00 bucks. Someone elses handloads are a crap shoot. Even if they are labled, how do you KNOW what they are loaded with and what procedures were used to load them. Don't pay anything for reloaded ammo. If I show you a cartridge, can you tell me what kind of powder and how much is in it? Can you tell me for sure what weight of bullet it is?
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

These guns don't have any huge value and quality varies widely from gun to gun IME. Had a cousin who had one that was just excellent according to him, I guess his definition of excellent is different than mine because that thing was broken every time I talked to him. Parts are usually hard to find as are magazines. I've known guys who've had good luck with them, but I've seen a lot more broken ones come through the shop.

I dont know know what your sled is worth but I would proceed with caution on this trade.

Thank you both for your advice, I was asking $950 for the sled. I'll let you know what I decide, but I agree with you both. Bud
    Wasilla

I have one of the beasties you mention. I don't even recall how many hours it has taken me to get it to shoot more than two or three rounds in a row without a malfunction and still it's only worth around $300. I would pass on that trade.

I gave it back to the gentleman and have my Polaris back on the market, thank you, you have helped me to not make a expensive mistake. Bud
    Wasilla

Quote Originally Posted by akblackdawg View Post
    I gave it back to the gentleman and have my Polaris back on the market, thank you, you have helped me to not make a expensive mistake. Bud
    Those guys were spot on, glad you passed! I know a guy who was fiddling with one and had a slam fire that out a few holes in his house, fortunately no injuries!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk