Thread: 60" club

Default 60" club

Heres some nice moose, congrats to all the hunters.

http://www.newsminer.com/features/ou...a4bcf6878.html

It's actually quite interesting when you start talking about antler width. From my experience most folks seem to want to know about width rather than mass. To me, mass is much more impressive over antler width. A long time ago for awhile there was a 50 some odd inch bull that came out of the Tok area that was # one B&C. The mass was incredible as you might imagine.

Years ago my buddy took a 65" bull off the Yukon. The same year I took a 58" bull here on the Kenai. My bull had considerably more mass than his.

So I guess what I'm saying is when it comes to antler size, and the impressiveness therein........it's all in the eye of the beholder.......lol
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    It's actually quite interesting when you start talking about antler width. From my experience most folks seem to want to know about width rather than mass. To me, mass is much more impressive over antler width. A long time ago for awhile there was a 50 some odd inch bull that came out of the Tok area that was # one B&C. The mass was incredible as you might imagine.

Years ago my buddy took a 65" bull off the Yukon. The same year I took a 58" bull here on the Kenai. My bull had considerably more mass than his.

So I guess what I'm saying is when it comes to antler size, and the impressiveness therein........it's all in the eye of the beholder.......lol
    The one in my avatar was 64" at the tender age of 13, lol, evan tho I was hunting them with a high power rifle since I was nine.

The one thing that all of you should take notice in all the storys is the rifle size,(give that young man of 10 years old credit for the 30-30, lol)

I always look at rifle size too. Usually there is at least one in the 60" club taken with a 243. In one addition about 4 years ago there were several taken with that caliber.

Agree with 4merguide on the mass, the pic I posted a few days ago was just over 60, but really good mass. Green scored 224 5/8". Weighed 63# as shown in pic.

Wondering if that Tok one is the bull hanging in the Fishnfeathers office in Anchorage, thought at one time it was #1. Super impressive mass. Pretty sure it was taken with 40mile Air. At a time, Leif's hunters had the #1 and #3 moose in the book.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

The best set of antlers I've got are 55" but have great mass, big longs points and lots of them. There isn't a point on the whole set that anyone could argue whether it's a point. Also has a big drop tine to boot. I wouldn't trade for a 70 incher. I love antlers in general it's hard to get me out of any of the sporting goods stores.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author