Thread: NPS Sport Hunting Commentary - Do not read the comments!

Default NPS Sport Hunting Commentary - Do not read the comments!

Here is a link to some public comment period on hunting regs in the parks.

That being said..

There are people out there and they are not like us. Its important that our voice be heard at these sessions.

https://www.facebook.com/AlaskaNPS/p...127623/?type=1

How do you say it..??? regarding the posts.....

Ignorance is bliss.....lol
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

At least many are pro subsistence
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

My gawd what idiots we have in this country. Some of the comments i had to read 3 times to make sure i got it right
    But hey, if you're " subsistence " hunting it's ok!!
    I wonder what these people think subsistence hunting really is.
    If some dude from the village shoots a caribou, it automatically becomes subsistence and they trip over themselves
    With praise.
    If the guy lives on the road system( and eats the caribou just as the villager), somehow that guy belongs in prison
    For 50 years.
    It is soo stupid its beyond description.

Quote Originally Posted by sh View Post
    My gawd what idiots we have in this country. Some of the comments i had to read 3 times to make sure i got it right
    But hey, if you're " subsistence " hunting it's ok!!
    I wonder what these people think subsistence hunting really is.
    If some dude from the village shoots a caribou, it automatically becomes subsistence and they trip over themselves
    With praise.
    If the guy lives on the road system( and eats the caribou just as the villager), somehow that guy belongs in prison
    For 50 years.
    It is soo stupid its beyond description.
    And, if the wolf population grows to the point they kill off the subsistence animals, subsistence isn't ok anymore, because its not ok to kill wolves to let the population of subsistence animals recover to a harvestable level.

I guess I can't blame some of the NPS Facebook responders for their comments against the proposals. The problem I see with the NPS Facebook page is that they don't educate the audience to the fact that the proposal have ZERO to do with National Parks. The proposals under review are for Preserves. The NPS offers no explanation to this fact or inform readers that there is a difference the Parks and Preserves. I'm sure the NPS depicts it this way by design, being that they are openly against these proposals.

If I didn't live in Alaska and know better, I'd look at the NPS page and be wondering why the heck we'd allow the proposed hunting within the National Parks. Fortunately I live in Alaska and do know better. The Preserves were set aside to be hunted and should be managed to optimize hunting opportunities. There's plenty of National Parks within the state that is locked up and closed to hunting.

All I can quip after reading all those anti hunting posts is..."how the freak did your genetic pools evolve if not without our ancestral contributions to meat gathering and basic human survival. We are who we are today because of our Paleo and pre-paleo forefathers. Take away their supermarkets and watch our game densities crash....public federal lands or not.

I just dont have the energy to argue pro-hunting with people who are closed to it. Unfortunately, if we (hunters) do not fight, people like them will consume the majority vote and our rights will dissolve.

sad, out....

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bartlett View Post
    All I can quip after reading all those anti hunting posts is..."how the freak did your genetic pools evolve if not without our ancestral contributions to meat gathering and basic human survival. We are who we are today because of our Paleo and pre-paleo forefathers. Take away their supermarkets and watch our game densities crash....public federal lands or not.

I just dont have the energy to argue pro-hunting with people who are closed to it. Unfortunately, if we (hunters) do not fight, people like them will consume the majority vote and our rights will dissolve.

sad, out....
    Unfortunately when it comes to food ie "meat gathering", something that has taken place since time began, to most these folks it isn't even a passing thought. All they see are blood thirsty morons.......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!