Thread: drawing hunt supplement online

Default drawing hunt supplement online

heeeeere we go....

First glance...bunch of permits have been cut way down. Koyukuk Moose went from 47 each to 20 each. TMA went from 40 each to 30 each. DCUA went from 75 each to 60 each....

Delta Bison went up though. From 80 total (cow and bull) to 50 bulls and 50 cows, Farewell doubled too.

Quote Originally Posted by oakman View Post
    First glance...bunch of permits have been cut way down. Koyukuk Moose went from 47 each to 20 each. TMA went from 40 each to 30 each. DCUA went from 75 each to 60 each....

Delta Bison went up though. From 80 total (cow and bull) to 50 bulls and 50 cows, Farewell doubled too.
    Also looks like a bunch of "new" hunts in 20B, but I don't know off the top of my head if this was just sectioning up other larger hunt areas into smaller areas with new hunt numbers. Good number of youth hunts mixed in there.

Maybe I've missed it in the past... But what does the "full curl every 4 regulatory years" mean for the Tok hunt? Does that mean if you take a ram in the last 4 years you can't apply? What if I took an "any ram" can I still apply?

Quote Originally Posted by Bambistew View Post
    Maybe I've missed it in the past... But what does the "full curl every 4 regulatory years" mean for the Tok hunt? Does that mean if you take a ram in the last 4 years you can't apply? What if I took an "any ram" can I still apply?
    if you draw tma, you cant apply for 4 years. That is my understanding.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

That means only 4 more months till the "it's all rigged threads start" I already have my 17 choices picked out and plan to have it all submitted on Nov 1st. Thanks dieNqvrs for posting the link

The one in every 4 years rule means anywhere (although that rule is currently only used for sheep on DS102/103). For bear hunting, if you kill a bear in a 1 in every 4 years area, you can't kill another bear in a 1 in 4 years area. You could kill one in a 1 bear per year area. I think there are also some other restrictions on permits, like if you win the Tok sheep permit, you can't even apply for it the next year or something.

It's been a while, but I won some of these sheep permits a few years ago (DS204 in 2009 and DS103 in 2010), the online permit application kicked me out when applying for those the following years.

The one in every 4 years rule means anywhere (although that rule is currently only used for sheep on DS102/103). For bear hunting, if you kill a bear in a 1 in every 4 years area, you can't kill another bear in a 1 in 4 years area. You could kill one in a 1 bear per year area. I think there are also some other restrictions on permits, like if you win the Tok sheep permit, you can't even apply for it the next year or something.

It's been a while, but I won some of these sheep permits a few years ago (DS204 in 2009 and DS103 in 2010), the online permit application kicked me out when applying for those the following years.
    That is how it is for all permits. You are not allowed to even apply for any permit (moose, caribou, sheep, bear, etc...) if you were drawn for that permit the previous year. There are a few that have longer durations like 4 or 5 years that you can't apply for (sheep, bison, and bears in a few areas that I can think of if I recall correctly).

Back to 50/50 on Delta Bison again. What is up with that?

Looks like a lot more moose tags for unit 14A as well.

talked with my fishnfeathers buddy. If u draw tma, it doesnt prohibit you from killing a sheep the following year say with a harvest tag. It does prevent you from drawing tma for another 4 years. Different than the 1 in 4 bear rules
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Quote Originally Posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
    talked with my fishnfeathers buddy. If u draw tma, it doesnt prohibit you from killing a sheep the following year say with a harvest tag. It does prevent you from drawing tma for another 4 years. Different than the 1 in 4 bear rules
    Draw or kill? So my understanding is that if I draw it this year and don't kill anything, I can apply again in two years (gotta sit one out). But if I kill one this year, I can't get another tag for 4 years.

Draw or kill? So my understanding is that if I draw it this year and don't kill anything, I can apply again in two years (gotta sit one out). But if I kill one this year, I can't get another tag for 4 years.
    Yep, that's correct. The one in four provision applies to a harvest, not simply drawing the tag.