Thread: Still a LOT of BEARS out.........GOOD Weather.......GOOD Hides

Default Still a LOT of BEARS out.........GOOD Weather.......GOOD Hides

Just a little nudge........If you don't have anything Gooooder to do this weekend. The hillsides are lovely colors, and those Jet BLACK spots really jump out in the bino's. I am not seeing very many Grizzly/Brown Bears, but that is because they are the same collor as the hillsides.

Nudge.....Nudge.....NUDGE......SHOVE

I'll be back tomorrow in preparation for my Kodiak grizz hunt, might have to head down to hope and see if I can find a black bear while I wait to fly to the island
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

ill be down there, i was last weekend but saturday those low clouds made it terrible to even see

Yea, Saturday was low clouds and drzzle till about 2:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradbow84 View Post
    ill be down there, i was last weekend but saturday those low clouds made it terrible to even see

Only reason this guy didn't head down there to try my luck. That ceiling was unforgiving last weekend. Debating on heading north or south of anchor town in the morning for a little solo black bear viewing

Hit the hills today, got high before fog rolled in and worked the ridge line. Saw sow with 3 Cubs. Still berries out up high.

Out of town last couple of weeks. Anyone still seeing bears? Wanted to hit it hard this weekend.

Any snow down there on the Kenai or Seward??

Hope area less than 3" of snow remaining. I have been looking for bears and/or bear tracks as it has been near 40* and light drizzle for about 10 days. Seen no bears and No tracks. I do really expect I will at least one more set of tracks in the snow, it is just too warm for the bigger ones to be sleeping, there is bright green vegetation under the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by WallHanger View Post
    Any snow down there on the Kenai or Seward??

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Hope area less than 3" of snow remaining. I have been looking for bears and/or bear tracks as it has been near 40* and light drizzle for about 10 days. Seen no bears and No tracks. I do really expect I will at least one more set of tracks in the snow, it is just too warm for the bigger ones to be sleeping, there is bright green vegetation under the snow.
    I've seen brown bear out during the first week of Nov. in the Moose Pass area. I would imagine there are still bears out during this mild weather we've been having......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

They are still out and about. Saw 2 sets of fresh tracks towards the end of Funny river rd on sun afternoon. They were less than 10hrs old with the fresh dusting of snow we had
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

We killed one over 400# two days ago, have seen them almost daily chasing deer (us not them). Weird warm fall this year, seeing this many bears seems to be abnormal. In Southeast though so we do tend to have a bit later denning time.
    Mike
    www.coffmancoveak.com
    Prince of Wales Island

Saw fresh Brownie tracks last Friday while moose hunting on the Pen.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!