Thread: Is this one legal?

Default Is this one legal?

It was late September in the early morning hours just after sunrise. The air was crisp with a cool mist bordering on a fog. It was the last day of moose hunting season in a 50", three brow tine or spike/fork area and I was sitting as quiet as possible listening to all nature put forth. As I sat in the lightly wooded area at the base of an ancient gnarled spruce on the edge of a small meadow I observed a very large hairy creature, which appeared to be a biped, astride a horse moving from left to right in my field of view. The creature was a dark reddish brown in color with hair several inches long covering its entire body. I estimate its height to be 7 to 8 feet tall. The horse it rode was proportioned to carry the creature with ease. The horse was a very fine silvery white in color and had what looked like a single horn, twisted in a spiral ending in a point, two and a half feet long protruding from its head straight out just above its eyes. The duo came to a halt just outside the tree line in the meadow to the front right of me and looked upward. I looked in that direction and noticed the sun trying to break through the mist. Then I realized I was facing west. As I watched the “light" getting larger and closer I saw that it was a very large silvery metallic craft moving under some unknown power. It made no noise whatsoever as it glided to a stop in the meadow. The hairy creature and the horse approached and a piece of the craft opened up. A small, maybe four foot tall, grey humanoid with large dark eyes wearing grey coverings emerged. They appeared to communicate to each other and the grey creature waved the other two inside. The door closed and the craft left at a rapid rate making no sound and leaving no mark. I was pondering what I had just witnessed when I heard a noise to my left and slightly up in the trees. What I saw made me take out my iPhone 5s and take a picture because I knew no one would believe me. Here is what I saw. Now the question is - I know it was too small to be 50" and definitely not a spike / fork but can anyone see three brow tines

Attached Images Attached Images

Did you pick and eat any mushrooms that day?
    "Grin and Bear It"

Oooo, that's a tough one. IS there a published ratio of squirrel head width to antler width. I'd have to pass....I'd carry peanuts with you in the future to keep it around longer to full assess it's trophy potential.

Mother nature is a strange lady sometimes.

Actually smokeross deemed that one sublegal and a week later someone shot it. He was right on the money with the spread.

What is the legal ramification of taking a sublegal squoose........or muirrel.......I can't find it in the regs. Hope they threw the book at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Catch It View Post
    What is the legal ramification of taking a sublegal squoose........or muirrel.......I can't find it in the regs. Hope they threw the book at them.
    I threw a book at one once but it didn't even faze the sucker! I had to fall back to the rifle so I could shoot it. Didn't notice any ramification; it looked like a purebred. (Had there been some ramification would it have been illegal to shoot it if it was less than full curl, even though it was a DLP situation?). He didn't go down easy though; that sucker was as tough as a goat, so...
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by amahoy View Post
    It was late September in the early morning hours just after sunrise. The air was crisp with a cool mist bordering on a fog. It was the last day of moose hunting season in a 50", three brow tine or spike/fork area and I was sitting as quiet as possible listening to all nature put forth. As I sat in the lightly wooded area at the base of an ancient gnarled spruce on the edge of a small meadow I observed a very large hairy creature, which appeared to be a biped, astride a horse moving from left to right in my field of view. The creature was a dark reddish brown in color with hair several inches long covering its entire body. I estimate its height to be 7 to 8 feet tall. The horse it rode was proportioned to carry the creature with ease. The horse was a very fine silvery white in color and had what looked like a single horn, twisted in a spiral ending in a point, two and a half feet long protruding from its head straight out just above its eyes. The duo came to a halt just outside the tree line in the meadow to the front right of me and looked upward. I looked in that direction and noticed the sun trying to break through the mist. Then I realized I was facing west. As I watched the “light" getting larger and closer I saw that it was a very large silvery metallic craft moving under some unknown power. It made no noise whatsoever as it glided to a stop in the meadow. The hairy creature and the horse approached and a piece of the craft opened up. A small, maybe four foot tall, grey humanoid with large dark eyes wearing grey coverings emerged. They appeared to communicate to each other and the grey creature waved the other two inside. The door closed and the craft left at a rapid rate making no sound and leaving no mark. I was pondering what I had just witnessed when I heard a noise to my left and slightly up in the trees. What I saw made me take out my iPhone 5s and take a picture because I knew no one would believe me. Here is what I saw. Now the question is - I know it was too small to be 50" and definitely not a spike / fork but can anyone see three brow tines

Ha....!!! Good one....!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Default Is this one legal?

Legal under deleterious exotic wildlife, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

Was the tail over a foot long?

Well now that I think about it I may of had some mushrooms the night before......As far as the tail goes my best guess would of been 11 3/4 to 11 7/8 not quite 12". Of all the things I observed that morning I wish I had gotten a picture when he looked at me straight on! That would been a money making picture!

Man, that's really strange..............."late" September and he's still in velvet. WTH???????

I was so intent on trying to see a third brow tine that I did not even notice he was still in velvet. It has been a mild fall though

If still in velvet this late you might want to check for nuts! To make sure it's a bull!