Thread: 348 Winchester Owners

Default 348 Winchester Owners

I own Kruger Ammunition in Indiana. We are shipping a pallet of ammo to Anchorage next week and we want to ship 348 Winchester 200gr FTX ammo along with it but we need to know if there is a demand first. Our partner in Anchorage is Alaskan Custom Firarms. We are considering shipping directly to an additional location in Kodiak.

How about some .358? Now that I could sure sink my teeth into!

Do you have a load other than the FTX? I would think that something using a 220 or 250 might help you attract business by offering something most don't. The only load for the 348 I usually see up here is the 200 silvertip, just thinking a heavy bullet load might be a good selling point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruger View Post
    I own Kruger Ammunition in Indiana.
    Noooooow we understand what was going on in this thread.

Welcome aboard Dealer. Why not identify yourself as such before pimping like that? Are you buying ads here on the site yet?

As for your question, who knows. Us 348 shooters have been starving for so long, virtually all of us have long since gotten into reloading and supplied ourselves thoroughly with components. Offer your ammo at low, low, low prices and I might pick up a box or two. I have absolutely no reason at all to buy a single box of factory ammo at factory prices.

I would love ship some 220-250gr rounds up their but Barnes is not producing their bullets at the moment. When they do I will ship those rounds at that time. As for the other options North Fork and Woodleigh I think price wise might end up being more than the consumer would really want to pay.
    As for price I am sure you will get a good price from the dealer in Anchorage.
    358 Win. well Winchester is producing very little components at this time and the 358 is not one of those. Sorry about that.

I recently (as in this morning) discovered a .348 Win in the family heirlooms. I would possibly interested in a box or two, depending on when it would arrive.

I have not done any searching in the Anchorage area yet, but does anyone have leads on where some might be located currently? A quick look online shows that most places are sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven_JR View Post
    I recently (as in this morning) discovered a .348 Win in the family heirlooms. I would possibly interested in a box or two, depending on when it would arrive.
    Sounds like a real good morning!

maybe send a couple pallets of 22lr

Quote Originally Posted by Daveintheburbs View Post
    Sounds like a real good morning!
    Yes! Although it's technically my in-laws and they've always known about it, I just didn't realize it was there. But, I'm welcome to shoot it, so that's the cool part.

Been thinking about a 348 for sometime now, a guide I used to work for had one punched out to a 450 and I always liked it mainly because it was an old school lever and I would just like it for a saddle gun.
    What are some of your experiences and likes and dislikes about the gun and would $900.00 be a fair price for a shooter?I think I found one, thanks, Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak kid View Post
    maybe send a couple pallets of 22lr
    Amen to that! I bet we could pull a group of guys together and split a pallet!

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    Noooooow we understand what was going on in this thread.

Welcome aboard Dealer. Why not identify yourself as such before pimping like that?
    BrownBear, I am missing how the B&M thread is pimping his company. The ammo dealer B&M pushes seems to be a different company in a different state than Kruger ammo, & in this thread his first sentence identifies him as a manafacture supplying an Anchorage business. No attempt to hide it.
    Am i missing something?
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Quote Originally Posted by Vance in AK View Post
    BrownBear, I am missing how the B&M thread is pimping his company.
    Wanna take bets on whether he's soon to announce that he's a supplier of loaded ammo and probably formed cases?

Wanna take bets on whether he's soon to announce that he's a supplier of loaded ammo and probably formed cases?
    I have nothing to do with B&M. I like thier rifes. So what. Do you have problems with companies from the lower 48 trying to help Alaskans out with hard to get ammo? I don't understand you attacking my posts. If you have a problem with my post report it. Its that easy. You don't need to troll my posts.

No desire to take bets, but I guess I've always been a sucker for giving folks the benefit of the doubt & taking them at face value until they give me a reason not to. It's cost me a little over the years, but not much
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

I bought 400 rounds of Hornady slugs years ago when a local store closed their doors. I have enough to keep my old gun going a while. Bought the gun from Dr. Gaede's estate. He hauled it all ove the state in his airplane. I shot a 9.5 Brownie with it that had a skull measurement of 27 11/16th. Took that rifle out that fall and shot a forked horn moos with it.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

For the last year I have received emails from some Alaskans replying to our ads asking me to sell them our ammo. The sad part of it is I have to turn them down due to the shipping (Seattle-Anchorage) and hazmat. So I decided to try and fill the ammo gap ignored by the large ammo companies: 10mm, 458 Socom, 348 Win. ext..
    So I contacted a forum sponsor from this website and asked some questions concerning ammo availability and we worked a deal out for me to ship pallets of certain ammo. I ask query on here not to pimp my company but to try and find what needs you have that I might help out with. I also cleared my intentions with the site owners at the time I joined. Nobody wants a "Safe Queen" just cause you can't find ammo. I hope this clears things up.

Personally, I'm always happy to see additional options in the ammo market. Even if I don't ever buy from them (and I handload, so I probably won't), I like the added competition. If you're providing a quality product at a reasonable price, I'm sure you'll do well here and I wish you the best. We're used to people from the Lower 48 attempting to screw Alaska over and make a buck off of us. Keep that in mind when someone on this site questions your intentions. Lots of other people before you have made it necessary for you to prove yourself as an honest businessman.
    We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
    James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by Kruger View Post
    For the last year I have received emails from some Alaskans replying to our ads asking me to sell them our ammo. The sad part of it is I have to turn them down due to the shipping (Seattle-Anchorage) and hazmat. So I decided to try and fill the ammo gap ignored by the large ammo companies: 10mm, 458 Socom, 348 Win. ext..
    So I contacted a forum sponsor from this website and asked some questions concerning ammo availability and we worked a deal out for me to ship pallets of certain ammo. I ask query on here not to pimp my company but to try and find what needs you have that I might help out with. I also cleared my intentions with the site owners at the time I joined. Nobody wants a "Safe Queen" just cause you can't find ammo. I hope this clears things up.
    Sounds like you took all the right steps. I would be interested in some .348, do you have an idea of when it would be available for purchase in Anchorage?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven_JR View Post
    Sounds like you took all the right steps. I would be interested in some .348, do you have an idea of when it would be available for purchase in Anchorage?
    Thank you. I plan on shipping 348s with my second shipment in late November. My first one ships Monday. I want to see how smooth this first run goes. Unlike most commercial deals this is more of a consignment deal I have with the gun shop. I we decided to do it this way to protect both business since we are new to each other. So for those who think I might be out to take advantage of Alaskans I am taking full risk to get into your market. Our first shipment is 10,000rds of 10mm 180 FMJ and 220 WFN HC. Our second should be 10mm, 348Win (2,000rds), and 458 Socom. I am looking for another gun shop to deal with in Kodiak and possibly Juneau.