Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wild West Guns ?

Default Wild West Guns ?

Is ken still working at WWG

Did he ever really WORK there. Think the Kid is the worker
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Heard in two different gun stores that Ken was fired.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

Won't be long before Wild West guns is closed up to much competition and the kid he's been hanging out over on 24hourcampfire.

I bought a gun from Ken at WWG on Oct, 4th. He was there then!

I was in there to drop off a stock for a different recoil pad on Wednesday last week. Nice people. They called me Thursday to tell me my pads were too small. I went in on Friday, some little guy was outside the door on a cell. When I reached for the door he told me "you can't go in there, we are setting up to film a show". I then saw on the door a sign stating if you went in you are agreeing to use of your likeness, ect. I didn't care, but I wanted my rifle stock. He took me to the side entrance to the small room where they keep the high-end stuff. I mean, really high-end. A few moments later the woman who helped me originally came in with the the stock and pads. They had removed my original pad to determine mine were too narrow, and so put the original back on, no cost to me for their time.

I will go there again for any work I need.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Heard the same rumor. My suspicion is it's part of the show. I think they get most of their business from outside on the high end stuff. I think Mountain View Sports is more directly challenged by the big C and the Bass Pro shop. I'm redoubling my efforts to spend local. The national chains are fine, but it's a bad idea to rely exclusively on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmoline View Post
    Heard the same rumor. My suspicion is it's part of the show. I think they get most of their business from outside on the high end stuff. I think Mountain View Sports is more directly challenged by the big C and the Bass Pro shop. I'm redoubling my efforts to spend local. The national chains are fine, but it's a bad idea to rely exclusively on them.
    I've got to agree with there. I have been buying most of my ammo from Three Bears lately, as they have stuff the big box stores don't have. Mountain View Sports seems to be a close second with the "odd ball" cartridges as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroman View Post
    I went in on Friday, some little guy was outside the door on a cell. When I reached for the door he told me "you can't go in there, we are setting up to film a show"
    Yup. Heard all I need to hear. That says it all.

Yup. 100% scripted "reality" TV. Stupid at it's finest.

Instead of trying to raise taxes on the oil companies, the state ought to be raising taxes on the TV entertainment industry. Might drive away some of that trash.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

They did the opposite. Which is why we have all of this trash.

http://www.commerce.state.ak.us/ded/...ves/index.html

Not really related to WWG, but in the "survivalist" reality shows, do these folks ever have to have a license to go out and shoot a boar with a bow or catch a fish when they get hungry?
    “You touch my junk, I'm going to have you arrested.” - Groping objector

Quote Originally Posted by wtrdog1 View Post
    Not really related to WWG, but in the "survivalist" reality shows, do these folks ever have to have a license to go out and shoot a boar with a bow or catch a fish when they get hungry?
    Easy, they don't really shoot boar or catch fish.

They get b-roll from year round, and splice the footage, or they use store bought foods/fish, and pass it off as freshly killed. I know for a fact that a pheasant shot on one show was actually a Cornish game hen from Safeway when it was pulled from the oven. A bear that was shot was stuffed, and pushed over by a guy hidden behind it when it was "shot"
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I would guess some reality shows actually do involve killing of fish and game. I would guess they are smart enough to buy the shows host a license for whatever they might catch.
    As for Wild West Guns...
    I don't expect any less from a reality show then what was reported here.
    I have only been in there once and although I didn't buy much I didn't have any issues and would shop there again if I needed to.
    My dad had some gun work done there. It didn't come out right as the fit on the parts was a bit tight. He took it back and they fixed it for him.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Folks, just a heads-up on this thread. Please keep the politics out of it. Also some comments are getting pretty close to violating our rules concerning negative comments about businesses. Your cooperation is appreciated!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    I have only been in there once and although I didn't buy much I didn't have any issues and would shop there again if I needed to.
    Never been in there. And by the way they want to portray themselves on tv, I can't say that I ever will want to.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

They built my .375 for me some years ago, and did an excellent job. I took it in a few years later to have the trigger pull adjusted and they cleaned it all up for me at no additional charge. I've never had any issues with them.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Well.......I have not had a TV'thingie for more than 20'some years. So I have never seen their program. I have bought a lot of firearms a ammo there and always felt I got a good deal. I have also consigned firearms there for sale, and have been happy with the results.

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Never been in there. And by the way they want to portray themselves on tv, I can't say that I ever will want to.....

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Well.......I have not had a TV'thingie for more than 20'some years. So I have never seen their program. I have bought a lot of firearms a ammo there and always felt I got a good deal. I have also consigned firearms there for sale, and have been happy with the results.
    Didn't you work there for a while??

NO.....I worked at GNG for many years, and a few months at Boondocks in Eagle River.

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    Didn't you work there for a while??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast