Thread: ACB Power Weekend 2015

Default ACB Power Weekend 2015

Ya know...we've just GOTTA get all of the ACBs out on the water for rip around PWS. I'd love to see what everybody else is doing for their configurations to solve problems in our ACBs. Plus, we've gotta get out there and air these mothers out to see whose is fastest! I'm pretty sure that it is NOT mine (only 39kts at WOT)...but I'd love to see those beauties out there at full battle cry!

I'm going to throw up the Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend as the first meet up day for ACB owners. Heck, I'll even sponsor a prize list for three yet-to-be-named ACB-only events. Yes, other makes of boats can meet up to ogle and hang out! We'd love the company.

Iceking02

That sounds like a lot of fun for sure but I may not be making the first one.... I just Sea trialed my new 34' acb today and it topped out at 39mph heavy at 5500rpm and cruised in the 25-30 mph range from 3500 to 4500 rpm burning about the same gallons per hour as mph. Not the best performance but considering the detail and weight of an extra special cabin and built as solid as a tank I'm satisfied. Running in choppy seas was unbelievably smooth and stable and when we hit some wakes of some large boats it was super smooth.
    Now for the hard part, moving it from New Jersey to Homer and getting a few things added and reconfigured somewhere along the way.

Anchorage only because that's where the work is

Sound great! I will be there, I always wanted to try towing a water skier and get pictures if any takers. Redleader your ACB motor rpms sound like mine when I got it, twin 225 Yamaha's, went from a 17 to a 19 pitch prop and got 6200 rpms and 15% better fuel consumption. Props are expensive but pay for themselves over time. I went to Dave, owner of Heavy Weather Boats for help with if, great guy and knows aluminum boats.

Quote Originally Posted by ACBMAN View Post
    I always wanted to try towing a water skier and get pictures if any takers.
    I'm your huckleberry.

Yah, always thought that it would be a hoot to tow some crazy ba$tard from Whittier to Valdez...now we just have to find that crazy person...