Thread: Waterfowl taxidermy

Default Waterfowl taxidermy

Who does the best work in south central? Looking to get a season ending pair of mallets mounted.

Thanks for the recommendations guys.

Quote Originally Posted by bakerra2 View Post
    Who does the best work in south central? Looking to get a season ending pair of mallets mounted.

Thanks for the recommendations guys.
    Birds by Ed in big lake....
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Don't go to birds by ed. You may get your birds back in a year or 5 years. I have a long tail and a bufflehead that have been in his freezer going on 3 years now and still no word from him. They are probably so freezer burnt they aren't even mountable anymore.

I went with Larry Lawrence in the Palmer area for my last duck and he had my bird done in 3 months like he stated he would. He's got over 20 years of experience with mounting ducks and when you walk into his place you'll be amazed on some of the work he's done. I'm not sure about the dos or don'ts about giving phone numbers in the open forum, but if you're interested I can PM you the number.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

on second thought, I think it's been 4 years.

Go to my buddy Dave who owns Caribou Ridge Taxidermy. He lives in North Pole, but he is very good at getting and returning stuff from anchorage. I told him that he didn't have rush it (expecting a year wait) and he had it ready for me in about 4 months even with all the moose and other critters he had to do.
    He did a great job on my dead mount mallard. He made it so I can add birds down the road if I wanted. He offers a military discount (if that applies) and he is a veteran himself.
    Here is a picture of my mount he did.

I also love Birds by Ed, but don't expect a fast turn around. I know that things have changed for in in life, but I've been able to get a hold of him. DS56, shoot me a PM if you need contact information. I'm headed out there to drop another bird off, and if you PM me specifics, Ill ask him to give you a call.

Thanks man, but I'm using Larry from now on. I've still got eds number but everytime I call him he always says he's about to start working on them. But have yet to hear back from him. Don't get me wrong, Ed does do good work, just don't expect your birds back any time soon.

Can you pass along Larry's contact info? Also do you think he will have multiple examples of his work? I'm pretty picky. If its easier to send the info via email, let me know and I can send you my email address.