Thread: Glock smiths?

Default Glock smiths?

Can anyone recommend an ANC/ valley smith with Glock experience?

I have a KKM barrel that is giving me fits (pun intended) in a G20SF. It is not reliably returning to battery about every third round or so. When hand cycling, it appears to fit just fine. I tried smoking the barrel, looking for contact areas, but I can't narrow it down to the problem area. I'm ready to throw in the towel and give it to a pro.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Sounds like weak recoil spring.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I considered that, but it's new, and functions fine with the OEM barrel.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Agree its not plastic from S&W or Ruger but Glock could have a almost bad spring get through.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Well, after further research, I went ahead and ordered a 22 lb. spring. Seems others have had the problem, and it needs a few hundred more rounds for break in. Additionally, with the loads I'm shooting, a heavier spring is needed eventually anyway. Thanks Amigo
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm running a Glock 20SF with a KKM six inch barrel with a replacement stainless steel spring from Glockstore which is supposed to mirror the stock spring weight. I haven't had any such problems. I've run mostly handloads through it with 200 WFNGCs, 200 grain XTPs, 200 grain Noslers, and some factory Armscor 180s. If the spring doesn't turn out to be the problem, maybe it's a breakin/lubrication issue?