Thread: 41 mag ammo???

Default 41 mag ammo???

I believe I am purchasing a 41 mag for bear. Anyone know where I can get my hands on some ammo (which is why I believe...no amm...no gun)?

I've called Bass Pro, Cabela's, and Sportsmen and none of them have ammo. I haven't started calling the other places yet.

Try Great Northern Guns.

With the 41 in the bush you better reload. The 41 is a fine round but few factory ammo to chose from. Best just stick with the 44 or 45 on factory and they are best also when loaded yourself money wise.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I've got 6 boxes of Remington 210gr for sale in Fairbanks. 60.00 per 50 round box. I'll have it at the UAF gunshow this weekend.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Years ago I bought some of the Federal Hard Cast .41 (265?) at SWH. in ANC. I think it is a reg. stock item at SWHs as I've seen it at several of their stores over the years. Haven't looked for factory ammo for some time. I like the round a lot, but as Amigo Will says you just about need to roll your own.

As a side story: some time back a person posted for sale on this site a SS DW .41. The pile of factory ammo that went with it was most likely worth what he asked for the whole setup.

Don't know if your a reloaded already but reloading for that gun is a straightforward affair and definitely cost effective!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sportsmans Wasilla has .41 every time I am there. I know because I am always looking at the empty shelf of .44 wishing I had bought a .41.

It seems to be around a lot more than .44, even in the higher end BB type rounds.

I suspect the people you talked to might not know what's what.

I only called the Anchorage stores. I was informed that they could order some, but it would take 3-6 weeks. I won't be in town then. I am not a reloader, but I think it will become a hobby if I get this gun. I can try Wasilla SWH. I am making a trip up there. The gun will come with some ammo, but not practice rounds.

Though I have no idea what it was price at. I would like to swing by the 'Silla tomorrow, well holler if I do.

SW in Soldotna also had it in stock last time I looked.

Quote Originally Posted by mike h View Post
    Though I have no idea what it was price at. I would like to swing by the 'Silla tomorrow, well holler if I do.
    Please do. I found it in anchorage at Great Northern Guns. $60 something a box.

I think I will take up reloading.

STOP at the house and i'll give you a box or 2, or load you up some while we talk guns, Alaska , and why i'm still here in this southern Utah cat box!

Quote Originally Posted by COUTRO View Post
    STOP at the house and i'll give you a box or 2, or load you up some while we talk guns, Alaska , and why i'm still here in this southern Utah cat box!
    will you provide coffee?
    I'll bring the fish strips.

I reload and cast for the 41mag but I DO NOT sell reloads. However if you want to use my equiptment to load some for yourself, we can make arrangements. I have done this for others.

The .41 Mag has, in my view, always been a reloader's caliber. Is a niche round for the true handgun aficionado.
    Start loading.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413059202.548460.jpgSportsmans Wasilla. Full shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
    will you provide coffee?
    I'll bring the fish strips.
    big 10-4, waiting