Thread: Strange request

Default Strange request

I need 2 pair of a small, centerfire cartridge, such as the .17 HMR or similar, unloaded with powder or primer for bolo tie ends. I will be happy to pay for them or trade other ammo.

That is indeed a strange request as the 17HMR is rim fire. I could fix you up with 22H, 7.62x25 or 32auto if those would do.

Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    That is indeed a strange request as the 17HMR is rim fire. I could fix you up with 22H, 7.62x25 or 32auto if those would do.
    Yup, that's what I meant. Pardon my ignorance on that, I am not a small bore rifle guy at all, or I would be reloading for them. I just want them for tie ends because they are small.

I could grab some from snowshoe some time this week, get you as many as you want. Is that soon enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why don't you just go down to the rifle range and pick them up off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Why don't you just go down to the rifle range and pick them up off the ground.
    Ha ha! I have no bullets or dies to seat the bullets even if I did have them. I want seated bullets but no powder or primer. I probably didn't make that clear.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    Ha ha! I have no bullets or dies to seat the bullets even if I did have them. I want seated bullets but no powder or primer. I probably didn't make that clear.
    Ahh, I could make you some .223, smallest I have.

I can make you some in 22H, 7.62x25, 32auto or probably even 25auto if those would do. Probably coud make some in 5.7x28 as well. Just let me know if any of these will do and I'll fix you up.

I can make you some in 22H, 7.62x25, 32auto or probably even 25auto if those would do. Probably coud make some in 5.7x28 as well. Just let me know if any of these will do and I'll fix you up.
    Thanks guys! As I said, I'm not a small bore shooter. What I need is some small rifle rounds that look like miniature large rounds, therefore they can't be necked down rounds... everything needs to be small- cases and bullets. The smallest we reload here are .223, and those are still too large to have flopping around my neck as I work with students.
    I'm required to were a tie to work now, and so I wear bolo ties instead of regular cloth ties. The actual neck pieces I carve myself, and sometimes make the tips too, but I thought a few ties with little rifle rounds on them would look great under a grizzly or moose neck piece.

Thanks guys! As I said, I'm not a small bore shooter. What I need is some small rifle rounds that look like miniature large rounds, therefore they can't be necked down rounds... everything needs to be small- cases and bullets. The smallest we reload here are .223, and those are still too large to have flopping around my neck as I work with students.
    I'm required to were a tie to work now, and so I wear bolo ties instead of regular cloth ties. The actual neck pieces I carve myself, and sometimes make the tips too, but I thought a few ties with little rifle rounds on them would look great under a grizzly or moose neck piece.
    Is there a lathe at school? Maybe carve a couple out of wood?........just a thought.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

What round fits the bill?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sayak, I have some 17's, are you wanting them with the bullet still intacked but fired with no powder? I see you said centerfire but the 17 is not centerfire...
    I am thinking a pair of 380's would look nice on the bow tie sir...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

I'm required to were a tie to work now, .
    Oh and btw...........sure sorry to hear this. I can't imagine having to wear a tie all day.......day in and day out. No thanks.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

The 5.7x28 looks like a miniature 308 round roughly the same size as the 17 HMR only 22cal instead of 17cal.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    Sayak, I have some 17's, are you wanting them with the bullet still intacked but fired with no powder? I see you said centerfire but the 17 is not centerfire...
    I am thinking a pair of 380's would look nice on the bow tie sir...
    Yeah, 17 fired but with a bullet... how could that work? Nobody reloads any rimfires, right?
    I have .380s. I'm lookin' for something kinda longish and skinny.

The 5.7x28 looks like a miniature 308 round roughly the same size as the 17 HMR only 22cal instead of 17cal.
    That sounds just about right! I will pay you or trade you something... bullets, primers...

How about I just make you up a half dozen or so. It would be worth it just to know you're fighting the system. Do you want them without primers or with fired primers in them. I assume without so you can drill out the primer hole the size you need to insert and glue the tie ends in. You want them with fmj bullets or with soft point.

How about I just make you up a half dozen or so. It would be worth it just to know you're fighting the system. Do you want them without primers or with fired primers in them. I assume without so you can drill out the primer hole the size you need to insert and glue the tie ends in. You want them with fmj bullets or with soft point.
    Ha ha! Thanks! Either no primer or fired, but with a bullet seated. FMJs would be just fine. I'll send you a PM and you can let me know how to reimburse you for your time and material.