Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little four wheeler?

Default Little four wheeler?

Lookin for the small four wheelers, what's out there, older 4x4's? Thinking to stick in my 20 foot river boat....
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Hard to beat the old Suzuki for that. Not the best riding. But they get around great and are much smaller and lighter than the new stuff. Thats what I'd be shopping for. Good luck finding one in good shape.

Good shape? Lol more concerned that it runs and I can afford it lol
    Master guide 212

Honda 300 Fourtrax. About 450lbs full of mud and indestructible. Find them on craigslist for $1000-$3500

Honda Recon...250cc, two wheel drive but light enough at 400lbs to horse it out of trouble if you gotta, a come-along and you're set...bulletproof too. Older Honda Ranchers are not overly big or heavy but the new 4x4s go 600lbs.

My kid had a Polaris 90... it would move my 225lb frame far faster than I'd want to go but sticking a critter on it would be an issue.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Ya not lookin for speed or mud boggin' but gettin up and down hills with me and gear or a tiny trailer would be nice....
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by hodgeman View Post
    Honda Recon...250cc, two wheel drive but light enough at 400lbs to horse it out of trouble if you gotta, a come-along and you're set...bulletproof too. Older Honda Ranchers are not overly big or heavy but the new 4x4s go 600lbs.

My kid had a Polaris 90... it would move my 225lb frame far faster than I'd want to go but sticking a critter on it would be an issue.
    Recons are a great choice for a 2WD small do-it-all fourwheeler. Like other's have also mentioned, the old 300 Fourtrax's are bulletproof and 4WD, also a great choice.

I personally would look no further than a Honda 300. Just sold the Wife's 91' this year and it ran as new. Sold in one day in Craigslist for 2800....a hundred more than I bought it for in 2000. The 300 ' reputation is no secret here in Alaska.

Looked up the 300 fourtrax, it has a dry weight of over 480lbs....that's dry weight!! Is there anything smaller?
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    Looked up the 300 fourtrax, it has a dry weight of over 480lbs....that's dry weight!! Is there anything smaller?
    I can put that bike in my 15ft Whaler and get to where I need to go on the ocean. I imagine your 20' riverboat can handle it.

Ya I'm sure the boat will be fine. More worried about getting in and outa the boat. Have to rig up a couple planks I guess.
    Master guide 212

480 lbs is light... My Cat 500 weighs an easy 200# more than that. Make sure you take video

Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Holy cow you're scaring me. I'll be loading my ATV in and out of the truck this weekend using wooden ramps. I guess a light ATV won't hurt as much when it lands on your head!

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    Ya I'm sure the boat will be fine. More worried about getting in and outa the boat. Have to rig up a couple planks I guess.
    We put a Foreman in an out of a boat with a set of tri-fold ramps that are 6' long. Easy as can be...there's enough stuff moving around to worry about a couple planks moving as well.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Don't be over looking a nice condition 3 wheeler. I know folks who like them just for what you are planning. Nice in a plane too.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

What about a Rokon? They only weigh 218 lbs each, and you could probably stow 2 or 3 of them aboard your boat.

http://www.rokon.com/
    "Luckily, enforcement reads these forums, and likely will peruse this one...Especially after a link of it is forwarded to them....." - AlaskaHippie.

Find an old Suzuki LT250. They are about the lightest weight 4x4 you will find. Plenty of power unless you are trying to high mark a mountain somewhere.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

I just happened to be going thru CL last nite and saw there were 2 or 3 ATV three wheelers for sale in the Valley. A couple big reds and a 125 cc. You can't kill those things and they are lite. Granted U can't haul quite as much load as a 4 wheeler but would certainly be lighter and take up less room. Prices were around 750-800 bucks if I recall.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

I'd love a rokon but even used ones aren't cheap
    Master guide 212

1340 Rudakof Cr Anchorage, AK 99508 (Off Debarr & Bragaw across from Costco)

At 217lbs the Rokon may be exactly what you are looking for.
    Your Alaska Power Sports dealership carrying new & used Polaris, CFMoto, PitsterPro, Rokon, AlumaSki, Duras, Achilles, Tohatsu, Suzuki, Mercury, and Yamaha outboard motor parts. Join us on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram.

(907) 337-2744
    1340 Rudakof Cr
    Anchorage, Alaska 99508
    www.alaskapowersports.com

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Marit...60433194054763
    Twitter https://twitter.com/MaritaSeaSki
    Instagram http://instagram.com/alaska_power_sports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast