Thread: stupid question but....

Default stupid question but....

If a non-res hunts caribou do they buy a separate tag for each animal, or buy the caribou and can shoot 5-10 whatever the unit limit is? I have tried searches

Quote Originally Posted by Happily View Post
    If a non-res hunts caribou do they buy a separate tag for each animal, or buy the caribou and can shoot 5-10 whatever the unit limit is? I have tried searches
    Instead of searching, try calling ADF&G. They will have your answer in a matter of minutes and most likely will be the correct answer.

EDIT: Reading what it says here (under "Big Game Tags"): http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...license.prices, it seems to look pretty clear that you have to buy a tag for "each animal". The non-res will need to have a tag to affix to each animal they take, so seems like they would have to buy more than one tag if they want to take more than one animal.

EDIT #2: It's covered on page 10 of the big game hunting regs, center of the page at the bottom: "A locking-tag may not be used more than once...."

dude read and understand the regs! I know it takes some time but seriously read them and if you have questions then you can call fish and game.

non-res hunters must buy the general hunting license for big game, plus a tag for each animal they want to harvest. It's somewhat confusing when they buy a license and p/u a harvest card for caribou because they get five tickets on one harvest card...but they must buy a locking tag for each animal they want to harvest.

larry

Thank you larry, and anchskier and dude. I did figure as much. Dudemandude don't dude me dude. I have read them many times. I keep 5 or 6 all over. Each animal could be defined as 1caribou, 2caribou, 3caribou..ORRR caribou, deer, moose etc. If a question is too much for you, move along. Sometimes I prefer an english interpretation from the layman over a scientific explanation from a gamer and fisher.

One more use of the word Dude and somebody will will a free car!
    Can we hear another Dude from our contestants?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk