Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Back n Black update

Charterboat Operator

Attachment 81470Congrats to Jeff who boated this big toad while fishing aboard the Huntress today!!! shortly after this fish weather kicked up and blew me off the bite.... we were able to scratch around and boat a few more kings but overall kind of slow....But were ready to giver er Hell tomorrow!! cheers

Awesome man! Im not looking for specific spots by any means, but where would be a good place for a new guy to start at? I'm planning on heading out in a week or so and going to poke around and just see if I can find one or two but a few pointers would be appreciated.

How was the fishing today, Josh? Looks beautiful out there. Super excited about tomorrow!

Charterboat Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    How was the fishing today, Josh? Looks beautiful out there. Super excited about tomorrow!
    Attachment 81478Attachment 81479Well Brian, All tho we did bring our dozen kings to town today, i had to hook 20 to do so.... thats rite... 20 kings hooked up and taking line and only 12 made it to the boat!! thank god i found a pile of them looking forward to fishing with your group tomorrow !! with any luck will find that school and get a few to the net.. in the end it was a great day aboard the Huntress today.. cheers

Default Homer winter kings

After seeing some of the photos of the king salmon caught aboard the Huntress, I decided to fly down to Homer from Fairbanks and spend some time out on the water.

Enjoyed a fun day on the water aboard the F/V Huntress out of Homer. Captain Josh put us on the kings right away. The first line in the water had a king on within a few minutes. The weather pushed us off the hot spot after awhile but the day was still productive. Kings and halibut were in the fish box as we wound the day up. What is so enjoyable about this time of year in Homer is no crowds. All the hotels have winter rates. Would highly recommend anyone wanting some kings, hook up with Josh on the Huntress. His website is: http://www.brooksakadventures.com/index.html I am going to do another trip down to Homer in the next couple of weeks.

Went out with Josh on the Huntress today. Caught 15, though shook a few of the smallest ones. Four or five were in the 14-16 pound range, with my six year old pulling in a 20 pounder. A little rocky out there, but Josh sure put us on the fish! Will post pics when we get home if Josh doesn't beat us to it.

Charterboat Operator

Attachment 81500Attachment 81501Had a great time with Brian and his family today aboard the Huntress!! here are a few pics, Enjoy!!

Charterboat Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Nemo View Post
    Attachment 81500Attachment 81501Had a great time with Brian and his family today aboard the Huntress!! here are a few pics, Enjoy!!
    Attachment 81502Attachment 81503I think she beat you Brian???Thanks again and will catch ya on the next one!! Cheers

Well done, million dollar smiles!!

Nice Josh! Ya got them dialed in as always!!!

AlaskaKayakFisher.com
    Guidesak.blogspot.com
    My personal pages...I'm not a guide.

Quote Originally Posted by gutleap View Post
    After seeing some of the photos of the king salmon caught aboard the Huntress, I decided to fly down to Homer from Fairbanks and spend some time out on the water.

Enjoyed a fun day on the water aboard the F/V Huntress out of Homer. Captain Josh put us on the kings right away. The first line in the water had a king on within a few minutes. The weather pushed us off the hot spot after awhile but the day was still productive. Kings and halibut were in the fish box as we wound the day up. What is so enjoyable about this time of year in Homer is no crowds. All the hotels have winter rates. Would highly recommend anyone wanting some kings, hook up with Josh on the Huntress. His website is: http://www.brooksakadventures.com/index.html I am going to do another trip down to Homer in the next couple of weeks.

Very Nice indeed!
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Charterboat Operator

Attachment 81570Attachment 81571Well we fumbled threw the day and found a dozen for these Happy hookers on the Huntress yesterday..Remember!! Keep it tight, but don't horse emcheers

A great place to keep you boat is at Katchemak boat yard. I have my boat there if you need any info pm me. Then you can kill kings all winter long!

Charterboat Operator

Attachment 81614Attachment 81615stumbled into another dozen for these folks today!!! one thing that set this day aside from all the others is we went 12 for 12!!! never lost a salmon!! almost never happens on my boat!! these fish were grabbing it and holding on!! had some young kids on board today and they both caught the biggest fish of there life"s !!!! So far!!! F/V Huntress!! Cheers!!

Charterboat Operator

Attachment 81627Attachment 81628Highlights from today's adventure!! there were ups and downs but in the end were brought 9 to town!! Hey.... that rhymes F/V Huntress

Charterboat Operator

Attachment 81689Attachment 81690Great lill trip for these fellas yesterday on the Huntress!! 2 different sets of doubles and 1 triple filled the box up quick!! See ya on the water...

Good job Capt. Gotta love the triples!!! I had a great year, a little smaller average size but consistent, lucky to spend my summers there.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3965.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	81705

Fished Monday of this week, left the harbor at 11, had the gear put away by 1!
    Which boat is yours Redleader? I'm thinking I walk past it on the way to mine judging by your background scenery.

Charterboat Operator

Quote Originally Posted by jamesjq View Post
    Which boat is yours Redleader? I'm thinking I walk past it on the way to mine judging by your background scenery.
    Lookin good brother!!! Yeeeeehaaaaaww!!

Quote Originally Posted by jamesjq View Post
    Thats getting it done, love the fast King action!!!
    My slip is L-4, I was on my good buddy Leroy's boat "Rough and Tumble" that day.
    Nice fillet table.. I might need to copy it on my new boat!!

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast