Thread: FA Ice Fishing Issue 2014 - Disappointing

Default FA Ice Fishing Issue 2014 - Disappointing

Geez

Anyone else out there eagerly anticipating the OCT/Nov Fish Alaska Ice Fishing issue to a arrive like me? Seems the Publisher went with a different direction this year and the issue features only a "section" on ice fishing. They continue to outsource stories and I suppose readers are simply not interested in reading about actual ice fishing in Alaska?

A story about catching a "legendary" folding chair out of Harding Lake over three decades ago, and a story about an out state TV fishing personality describing techniques for lake trout while fishing in places like Canada & Wisconsin; which "may" apply to fishing for lakers in Alaska" are both ridiculous.

I bet there are more than a few Alaskan Ice Fishermen who could contribute to the issue with ice fishing stories, who actually have experienced some relevant ice fishing this decade, and actually in Alaska. Surprised they did not do a winter fishing field test gear review on another beaver hat?

Bright spot was a couple other good stories in the rag, I really liked the story about Bicycling and fishing in the Backcountry. The story was interesting and informative, I just have to wait about 6 months to try that.

http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Now thats funny. maybe you should of wrote sometging for them. i glanced at it on shelf but no ice on cover so i didnt pick it up. tnx for review i will skip it
    Got to look good even in defeat. IMAGE is everything.

C'mon... "Fish Alaska" is a joke. Just a rag to sell advertising. It's "sold" for a few bucks on the counter, but if you go to the airport there are racks upon racks of the last three issues (along with "Hunt Alaska") for free. Just another "where you shoulda been before the article was written" source of "secret" information...kinda like the internet.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

I used to like Fish Alaska and Now they are an advertising rag.
    I used to like the Alaskan authored articles but now it's at least half filled with stuff writte by outsiders. The pages that aren't advertising that is.
    I was hoping for a good ice fishing issue. Thanks for the heads up before I bought it.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Quote Originally Posted by homerdave View Post
    C'mon... "Fish Alaska" is a joke. Just a rag to sell advertising. Just another "where you shoulda been before the article was written" source of "secret" information...kinda like the internet.
    That pretty much sums it up right there...
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"