Thread: Do Alaskans agree with: red squirrel trying be be flying squirrels?

Default Do Alaskans agree with: red squirrel trying be be flying squirrels?

I'd like to know what alaskans think about this:

Pull..... Bang....

They attack very fast indeed.I'm thinking 00buck to slow it down then bring out the big gun to finish it off in the thick stuff. Second choice would be tennis racket and good reflex timing.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Hahahahahha all of these.

Have you ever hit a red squirrel in a tree with a 12 gauge full choke and #4 shot? They become a flying squirrel... quick evolution.

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!

Default Wanton waste?

However you take them out, just be certain you can affect retrieval :

Buddy of mine, having a huge problem with them on the homestead, blasted one that gripped a small limb with its teeth half way down the old tree. There, its bleached skeleton hung by the teeth literally for years (until the tree itself came down) - right in plain view of all house guests inevitably spotting it while viewing the bird feeder via the front window.

Good conversation piece, and art of a sort ..........
    "Punish the monkey - let the organ grinder go" - Mark Knopfler

Shot one with a 7mm mag once but I won't take that chance again. His head and front legs were still intact and if he hadn't tore his heart open on a rusty nail and got lockjaw before he got to me I probably wouldn't be here today.

Quote Originally Posted by 68 Bronco View Post
    However you take them out, just be certain you can affect retrieval :

Buddy of mine, having a huge problem with them on the homestead, blasted one that gripped a small limb with its teeth half way down the old tree. There, its bleached skeleton hung by the teeth literally for years (until the tree itself came down) - right in plain view of all house guests inevitably spotting it while viewing the bird feeder via the front window.

Good conversation piece, and art of a sort ..........
    Once sniped one with a .22 CCI CB and had a similar conclusion; as the would be marauders existence terminated into freefall, his descent was arrested by the forked crotch of a small birch branch which caught him up by the neck. His naked bleached skeleton remained suspended there until the day I sold the property many years later. Sometimes there is justice! Retrieval was not a concern; wanton waste be ****ed!
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist