Thread: Parachute anyone..........

Default Parachute anyone..........

I have no connection to this outfit, but they do have some interesting stuff

http://www.repurposedmaterialsinc.com/store/products/military-cargo-parachute/

CLICK HERE to Email Us or call 303.321.1471 to Order or Ask Questions. Subscribe above to our newsletter for new products and great “repurpose” ideas.
    Diameter Price + Shipping *
    35 foot $100.00 + $39.00 per chute
    64 foot $600.00 + $99.00 per chute
    100 foot $900.00 + Call for quote.

*NOTE: these are shipping prices within the continental United States. Otherwise, call for a ship quote.

Help keep military cargo parachutes out of landfills by “repurposing” them as large scale tents or domes.

These big 100’ diameter (7,850 Sq Ft) military cargo parachutes are made of rip-stop nylon parachute cloth. Perfect for large scale tents, awnings, or domes to gather under. You can also use it as a light weight tarp, make it into a reusable bag, a tear-proof sail for your sail boat, or a hammock for those lazy summer days.

Possible “Repurposes”:

- Tent

- Dome

- Large scale circular tarp

- Make-shift sail

- Light weight tote bags

- Make-shift light weight hammock

- Large scale awnings

NOTE: While we call this a repurposed parachute, others may call it a reclaimed parachute. Funny, we’ve also heard it being called a recycled parachute. Then there are those who refer to it as a scrap parachute, seconded parachute, junk parachute …or maybe even a salvaged parachute! Remember, whatever “green” or sustainable phrase you want to use regarding parachutes we’ve got it.

“Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

I'll bet they don't consider Alaska as part of the "continental" US for shipping.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Id bet you'd need one of those 100 footers to drag that jet boat you sent me the link to down in Idaho off a bar.
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukoner View Post
    Id bet you'd need one of those 100 footers to drag that jet boat you sent me the link to down in Idaho off a bar.
    Good one...im thinking at least 2......! Wonder if that ever sold?
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR