Thread: Trolling Thread

Default Trolling Thread

Quote Originally Posted by coho slayer View Post
    I heard the same thing from a few people. Locals loved it... so many fish in the harbor they were jumping on the dock, that kind of thing.
    Does picking a fish up off the dock count toward your bag limit? What if one jumps into your boat, and won't leave? If you already have your limit, are you obligated to put it back into the water? What if they're jumping into your boat so fast you can't keep up with them?
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Does picking a fish up off the dock count toward your bag limit? What if one jumps into your boat, and won't leave? If you already have your limit, are you obligated to put it back into the water? What if they're jumping into your boat so fast you can't keep up with them?
    Ayup. Limits are limits. As for picking them up, none of that either. Bud of mine had a salmon jump out of the water and land on shore. He wasn't even fishing at the time, but picked it up and bonked it. Guy standing nearby was an undercover warden and watched the whole thing. Popped him for illegal harvest methods.

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    The common Doh! screw-up around here (SF bay area) is picking up Dungeness crabs off the beach. Some folks hit the trifecta; no fishing license, undersized crab(s), and out of season.

Big_E

Quote Originally Posted by vaaler View Post
    The common Doh! screw-up around here (SF bay area) is picking up Dungeness crabs off the beach. Some folks hit the trifecta; no fishing license, undersized crab(s), and out of season.

Big_E
    Eesh, much cheaper to just buy em at Fred Meyers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

"Possession is 9/10ths of the law." Except in fisheries, where it's 100% of the law. It matters not how you came into possession. If you have it, it counts towards possession.