Thread: Remington 700LH What is it worth

Default Remington 700LH What is it worth

I have a left handed Remington 700. From what I can figure out it was made in 1979. Has a Leopold M8-4x scope on it. I am planning on selling it but cannot figure out what it's worth. I see prices from $250-$1000 for similar guns. Has maybe 20 rounds thru it and has been in a safe for its whole life. The front sight is broken bit that is an easy fix. So wise gun people, what's it worth? Need more info?
    I will add some photos later when not on my phone.

Thanks
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Forgot that it is a 30-06.

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Your description is lacking, and DETAILED photos are worth a thousand words. It is worth what the market will bear. Put it on Gunbroker, start the bidding at a penny, and run the auction for 2 or 3 weeks. You will know its value.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Photos are attached. What else do you want to know, I can get photos of proof marks, stamps, whatever you need to help. I think its BDL based on the hinged bottom plate. Other than the front sight that has been broken the gun is in good shape. Couple small dings in stock from living in the safe but other than that its very nice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm a lefty and own several, but I'm always on the lookout for more. In pristine shape I'd pay a little more, but not with that sight. It's an easy fix, so fix it yourself before you sell it. Small detail, but a big detail when trying to sell a gun as a safe queen with 20 rounds through it.

Zact price? I probably wouldn't take a second look at $500, but the more below that, the closer I'd look. Other folks in need might pay more.

Thanks BrownBear, i was planning on fixing the front sight, its just the post itself and its in a dove tail so should be easy. Just have to get a new one. Boondocks is about 500 yards from my house and I will vist them tomorrow.

John

Pull the scope and sell it by itself, or you will just give it away. Looks like a nice, clean gun. 500 without the scope should be about right. Scope probably about 125 to 150. If you are patient, you should come out OK on this one. If you can't get a front sight locally, throw me a PM. I've got a handfull laying around the shop.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Quote Originally Posted by gunbugs View Post
    Pull the scope and sell it by itself, or you will just give it away. Looks like a nice, clean gun. 500 without the scope should be about right. Scope probably about 125 to 150. If you are patient, you should come out OK on this one. If you can't get a front sight locally, throw me a PM. I've got a handfull laying around the shop.
    I will come out okay either way, the gun was a gift about 25-30 years ago. I am left handed but shoot right handed, Dad made a mistake when he bought me my "moose" gun.

Thanks for the info and if I can't find a front sight I will get with you.