Thread: How long do I have to file my Moose hunting report?

Default How long do I have to file my Moose hunting report?

I have a Moose Harvest Ticket (HT). It says that it expires June 30, 2015. Moose season where I hunted (20B) ended on September 20. On the ticket, it says to file the report within 15 days of the close of the season (I did not kill a Moose). Does this mean within 15 days of June 30 or September 20? Please help me out!

I believe that it's within 15 days of the close of the season in the unit where you hunt. If you're done moose hunting for the year under the general harvest ticket, I would file the report now.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel7723 View Post
    I have a Moose Harvest Ticket (HT). It says that it expires June 30, 2015. Moose season where I hunted (20B) ended on September 20. On the ticket, it says to file the report within 15 days of the close of the season (I did not kill a Moose). Does this mean within 15 days of June 30 or September 20? Please help me out!
    There are various other hunts for moose open at different times. Once you are done hunting as you stated you now are,,, send it in or file online. I don't like having any open hunt reports out when the draw is done. I have heard that if you are over due reporting it makes your draw application ineligible, true are not I'm not sure, but I don't chance it.

File online here....

https://secure.wildlife.alaska.gov/i...eport_greeting
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Thanks guys. I went ahead and filed the report online.

you can wait until all hunts are closed. there are some winter hunts at times. my extra bear tags and sheep,caribou stay open until june 30th each year

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel7723 View Post
    Fill it out NOW and send it in. Otherwise you will be writing a letter of apology to a nice lady in Palmer. Don't ask me how I know this.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Quote Originally Posted by Happily View Post
    you can wait until all hunts are closed. there are some winter hunts at times. my extra bear tags and sheep,caribou stay open until june 30th each year
    Yep. I will file things like caribou hunt reports early on since I know I won't be going on a hunt later in the year for them, but will keep moose and black bear harvest tickets until the late winter or spring. There is at least one winter moose harvest ticket hunt I might participate in, so don't want to file my report now. Never know if I might have a need for a spring black bear HT, so will hang onto those until I know I am done with any chances of going after them.

File as soon as you know you are done hunting so you never end up on the dreaded Failure to Report list. It knocks you out of the running for drawing permits, registration permits and being a proxy for some one. Woe is me......