Thread: looking for lefty semi auto

Default looking for lefty semi auto

I am considering beginning the search for a new shotgun. One that is made for the marsh and saltwater. But it also must be left handed and fit a woman (5'8"). And affordable. LOL

I currently have a rem 11-87, which I do like, except it is blued and built for a man.

The other option is that I keep the gun I have and have the stock cut to fit me. Does anyone have suggestions for a gunsmith that can do this in the case I decide the budget will not allow for a new gun?

thanks a bunch!
    Juli

stalk/stock - LOL! I needed to finish my coffee!~
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Hi Julie,

Vince @ Precision Arms has cut several stocks/fit some for the smaller memebers of the family. I have also seen some nice work done by ??? for a friend...I will get ahold of them and find out who did it.

PCnAK

PCnAK - thanks for the info..While I still would like a gun made for the marsh, I think my 11-87 will suffice once I get the stock cut for me. I have been studying up on LOP and other gun fitting subjects because my shooting has been 'miserable'...man, I need to have my gun fit to ME. LOL...

I did some research and it appears that the length of pull on my shotgun is roughly 3.5" longer than MY length of pull (based upon info gleaned from youtube).. I will know for certain when I take it to the gunsmith.
    Taxidermy IS art!

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    Thanks Dave!
    Taxidermy IS art!

Hi Juli; I just picked up a used Browning bps from a forum member this weekend and yesterday put a few rounds of 5 stand thru it; I'm a southpaw and this is my first dedicated (ducks/geese) gun. Love it and no problems feeding or ejecting shells. It is a heavy gun not sure if they make em in a shorter barrel but they do make them in a cammo version.

Well sorry just noticed you were looking for a semi-auto!
    Last edited by Big Jim; 10-13-2014 at 10:03. Reason: Mis-read
    Check out Quickwater Adventure water taxi/transport services: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quick...37553606260978