Thread: Need bolt for Great Western Colt clone

Default Need bolt for Great Western Colt clone

My neighbor brought over his dad's old Great Western Arms Co. single action because the cylinder wouldn't turn. The bolt is broken so that it doesn't lower and so the cylinder stays locked. So, I need to find a bolt for this 70s piece. I have taken reasonable shots of the revolver and the bolt. Serial number is GW9436. Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Might have one laying around. I'll get back to you in a couple days.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Good reading on the Great Western.
    http://www.sixguns.com/BookOfThe44/bot44c15.htm
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

If you haven`t already........... Try Google. Information available. Would help if you knew/had model #.

Most of the old SAA copies are almost exact mechanical copies - they makers didn't pay the cost to change anything.

Try any of the parts houses for a full size Colt SAA bolt- it should work fine with minor fitting.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

"Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?"

A rather bizaare statement. So, does this mean if you aren't a city dweller you're not patriotic and a free-loader? Snooty and liberal sounding, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by tvfinak View Post
    Most of the old SAA copies are almost exact mechanical copies - they makers didn't pay the cost to change anything.

Try any of the parts houses for a full size Colt SAA bolt- it should work fine with minor fitting.
    Being the guns were made using mostly Colt parts I'm sure Colt parts would work.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you