Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ACB boat

Default ACB boat

2009, 34'x10' beam, twin 300 suzuki's.
    What do you guys think of this one?
    I found it on the east coast and am heading out there next month to complete an inspection and survey.
    Looks like I'm in for an adventure getting it from New Jersey to Homer!!
    I'll need to add an aft station,davit, genset and settle for a smaller fishing deck.fcb9e5ig0gPYV9Jz.jpgR9XuayoNaTzVEVYx.jpg

100 hours on it and it's been babied on inland waters.a6kyUD8u3feYJgyu.jpg2UL4xkGD7GlClHOQ.JPG

Nice.
    Are you going to charter with it?
    BK

No I'm a recreational angler, I like doing extended trips from Homer to Kodiak area along with taking family and friends on day trips.

Ive been searching for the right boat for a long time I'm wanting to downsize from my current 30' Seasport offshore, it's a great boat and very nice for long trips but want to get out from under the work of maintaining a fiberglass boat with twin diesels. I have back problems and have had several concussions so looking for the smoothest ride i can. I researched getting an Asymmetrical aluminum cat built but the costs were close to double the price of this one and the guy went way overboard on the custom cabin. Also got a quote on as new 38' Munson packcat but don't think there hull design is comparable in ride comfort in rough water.

Contact Alaska Galore Tours in Juneau. The Kaytos is owned by Louis Juergens and it is a sister ship of the one you are looking at. He was also featured in the ACB DVD. It is a sweet boat and one of the best sea boats out there.

Your boat has been on the market for a long time. I guess people in NJ just don't get the need for an ACB. $299k or best offer is reasonable. At this point in the game they will think hard about a $200k offer. Figure $25k to truck it to Seattle and then barge it up north.

Sobie2

Thanks Sobie, I'll try to contact Louis, I'm planning to road trip it back from there to Washington state since it has a trailer and is only a 10' beam and am looking at getting the modification work done there over the off season beforehand, while I plan a trip up the inside passage. I will still need to deal with transporting the trailer, the other option would be to rode trip it all the way up but not sure about coming through Canada with an oversize boat.

Ok, so you are going from a 30' boat to a 34' boat and downsizing? You lost me there. Looks like a nice boat though. As for getting it back here, I would trailer it to Bellingham and put the truck and trailer in a storage yard, and then have them shipped to Juneau, and put the boat on the trailer and ride the ferry up to Whittier, or where ever you come into. That way you get the good part of the Inside Passage and miss the gulf crossing. I took about 10 days and it was great. In my case I did not even have a truck. There are companies in Bellingham that will store your trailer, and put it on the scheduled ferry with a tow truck. The ferry company can give you their names.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Thanks Jim that's a great idea, ultimately the 30' sea sport is a bigger boat, wider beam,taller, heavier, sleeps 6 instead of 4 with the quarter berth and has twin diesels so even though the new one is longer it becomes a downsize hopefully.

Sea trials will tell the story, they claim it cruises at 33 and tops out at 45?
    A lot of weight with the heavy cabin and hull will see....

Quote Originally Posted by redleader View Post
    100 hours on it and it's been babied on inland waters.a6kyUD8u3feYJgyu.jpg2UL4xkGD7GlClHOQ.JPG
    Where were those pictures taken ?? I'm 99% sure it ain't NJ and in what inland waters was it used ?? Sandy didn't put it inland ??

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Those are the original sea trial pics from Washington. The original owner lives in and had it shipped to Point Pleasant, New Jersey, he keeps it on a lift in his back yard there and Sandy didn't bother it. Heres the listing.http://www.popyachts.com/Boat/18362/...om-Built-.html

You will like an acb. I went thru taku inlet from taku harbor to gastineau in my dads former 29 footter in 15 to 18 ft northerly seas with freezing spray in february.
    Boat handled it awesome...me and my buddy not so well. We were praying hard.
    Make sure you have a big forced air heater to defrost all that glass amd stay warm. We had to upsize the webasto airtop to get er done.
    try throwing the wheel hard at wot....my dad did it but i was too chicken to try it. Awesome boats for sure.
    Dad just sold it for way too cheap.

An obvious issue is the radar mast location is in the way of the rocket launchers and poles, I'm assuming they did that so the could fold it down for hauling.R9XuayoNaTzVEVYx.jpg

Those are the original sea trial pics from Washington. The original owner lives in and had it shipped to Point Pleasant, New Jersey, he keeps it on a lift in his back yard there and Sandy didn't bother it. Heres the listing.http://www.popyachts.com/Boat/18362/...om-Built-.html
    Pt Pleasant as well as all the bays in the area was at ground zero during Sandy unless the boat was trailered away from there i'd look it over very carefully. I lived in and commercial fished that whole area so i know what i'm talking about.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Thanks for your advice Steve, I'll be out there in a few weeks and I plan on giving a very thorough inspection. What do think about moving the mast forward and where would you install a davit? I'd like to get a heavy and tall enough one to help lift a decent sized raft w outboard on the roof along with pulling pots. This boat doesn't have a genset or an inverter so I'm going to need to figure that out also and plan on adding an aft station another concern is I may be adding substantial weight to an already overloaded boat, I'm sure the hull can handle it but not sure if it'll be a poor performing overweight tank.

Thanks for your advice Steve, I'll be out there in a few weeks and I plan on giving a very thorough inspection. What do think about moving the mast forward and where would you install a davit? I'd like to get a heavy and tall enough one to help lift a decent sized raft w outboard on the roof along with pulling pots. This boat doesn't have a genset or an inverter so I'm going to need to figure that out also and plan on adding an aft station another concern is I may be adding substantial weight to an already overloaded boat, I'm sure the hull can handle it but not sure if it'll be a poor performing overweight tank.
    Sent ya a PM. I'd need to see some pictures before i could give you any advise where to install a davit & hauler. Moving the mast should be no problem all you'll need is a cable/wire stretcher and AKMud on here can do all the welding work for ya. I don't know anything about those hulls but seems they aren't very wide for their length and aren't built for carrying weight. Want to carry weight get something with some width in the arse and a big slow turning prop hooked up to a nice big reduction gear.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

ACB's in rough seas

The ACB series is a unique design that is quite simply one of the safest boats on the water in its class. It utilizes a patented multiple sealed aluminum chamber design that surrounds the hull. Each independent chamber is pressure tested to 3 psi to ensure that it is airtight. The construction technique provides for a virtually unsinkable boat, incredibly stable platform, and a soft ride.

Listen to Steve about Sandy issues. I grew up in that neighborhood and know Pt. Pleasant well. It got hammered by a big surge and a lift may not have been enough. Also, check out this thread about Popyachts, seems not everyone has had a good experience.

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-...op-yachts.html

I bought my current boat back in NJ and trailered it up here myself. Wide loads through Canada are not a real problem. Get a service to do most of the paperwork and you're good to go. I bought a F350 diesel 4x4 to haul it up here too. 8 1/2 days at 60 mph going through Lloydminster, straight shot. Be aware though once you designate a route, you can't deviate, each road seems to be locked in stone for some states. Oh, and don't always trust your Nuvi, especially if you have it on shortest route setting. Good luck with your purchase and hope all goes well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast