Thread: Anchor nest ideas

Default Anchor nest ideas

I would like to put an Anchor nest (caddie) on the bow of my Bayrunner. Getting tire of lifting it into the boat and taking up space. Any home made ideas or suggestions? I use a Fluke (dansforth) type anchor.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by NORTH2AK View Post
    I would like to put an Anchor nest (caddie) on the bow of my Bayrunner. Getting tire of lifting it into the boat and taking up space. Any home made ideas or suggestions? I use a Fluke (dansforth) type anchor.
    Deweys has bolt-on pulpits sitting on the shelf. Wouldn't be difficult to do at all.

We have a roller, which works most of the time. But if I ever change it, there's one feature I'll be looking for: It needs to be "enclosed" so the line/chain/anchor can't jump off. The line can jump while hauling if it's rough. Depending on the size, the chain can jump when it first starts. Same for the anchor. That means you have to crawl up there and put it back in place, not always a pleasant exercise in the snot. Dunno if they make it (probably), but I'd want the "lid" or ring to open so I could disengage without having to feed the end of the line through it.

A piece of flat stock stainless or aluminum could be bent in a U shape and bolted over the top of your bow roller or a couple of pieces of round bar each bent into a fish hook shape could also be used, leave enough space between the hooks for the anchorline to go through, sort of like a Skene chock but with longer horns on it.anchor.jpg or just a removeable pin like the one in the picture.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

The U-shape with a pin is the only retro that would work on mine, but it's a good one.

Thanks!

Thanks everyone! I couldn't remember what they were actually called! "Pulpit"

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Have you used this anchor in PWS or cook inlet? I like the look of the caddy, but it won't work with my anchor which is more like what Pot builder showed above. It would be nice to get my anchor out of the boat bow - it is always a PITA. I don't have a windless and the cleat that I tie to is very close to my roller - what can a guy with the other 20' of chain ?