Thread: GS Custom Bullets?

Default GS Custom Bullets?

Has anyone here tried the mono GS HV (High Velocity) Custom Bullets? Just look up CSC bullets on the net. Very interesting concept and they look lethal and accurate. It's claimed they ruin little meat in the process, cause less barrel fouling and by design fly 200 fps faster than standard bullets, extending range and wind resistance!

The aerodynamic secant ogive of the Hornady InterLock delivers flat trajectories and great accuracy. It's tapered jacket allows for deep penetration and controlled expansion while the InterLock ring locks core and jacket together.

Quote Originally Posted by northwoods View Post
    The aerodynamic secant ogive of the Hornady InterLock delivers flat trajectories and great accuracy. It's tapered jacket allows for deep penetration and controlled expansion while the InterLock ring locks core and jacket together.
    Lol! Good one
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I have tried them out of my 300rum I was able to launch the 188grn at almost 3600 fps they were screamers but I was not able to seat them close enough to the lands to get the accuracy I was looking for. They are very long bullets and I don't have the room in the mag for longer rounds. I still have a lot of them and would like to try and work up a load in my 300 win mag as I have lots of room for longer rounds.
    The shipping took months so unless something has changed don't get in a hurry to get them

I have bought some for my .375W in 300 and 265gr. Since they are now made in the U.S. shipping shouldn't be a problem. Yes, they are long bullets. Haven't tried any in .30 yet.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

The HV's are intriguing for sure. At first glance a year or so ago, I assumed they were similar to the Barnes bullets, but upon closer inspection it's evident they are markedly different. Definitely would have to study and closely follow their load development instructions, as they require a significantly different approach.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

I have some for my 8mm Rem Mag, they are 170 grain but I haven't had a chance to load or shoot em yet.