Thread: Any Chance Of F&G Opening Up More Of Eagle River to Taking Black Bear With A Bow

Default Any Chance Of F&G Opening Up More Of Eagle River to Taking Black Bear With A Bow

See attached photo for why I'm asking. This was my back yard Saturday.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's an incredible sight! I'm not much of a bear judger, but the one in the lower left looks like a piggy.

Well it depends... is there a garbage pile or food scraps just off camera? Ha ha ha ha.

Pretty awesome photo.

Sobie2

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

That's awesome!!!!

Man, what are you feeding them? I'd assume a neighbor must be unintentionally baiting them in...or maybe there is a carcass nearby? That is crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Man, what are you feeding them? I'd assume a neighbor must be unintentionally baiting them in...or maybe there is a carcass nearby? That is crazy!
    Not sure what the deal is, but we've had LOTS of bears this year. Five at a time is a little ridiculous though. I did wash off a tarp with some moose blood on it back there, but that was a week+ earlier, not that much blood, and it dumped rain all week so I don't think that attracted them.

They were pretty cool to watch until one of them started chewing on the vent for the drain field and I had to go chase them off.