Power Sports Mechanic position open in Barrow, Alaska.
If interested please apply online at: jobs.asrc.com under Barrow location.
The primary functions of this position is to act as a representative with Power Sports Division as a point of contact for issues related to sales, orders, shipment and other related issues. To provide general and preventative maintenance, as well as specific repairs and rebuilding for ATVs, UTV, snow machines, and outboard motors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (and other duties as assigned)
- Prepares quotes and invoices for customers requiring such, for whole goods and parts.
- Ensures all documents pertaining to new machines is recorded and submitted; registrations, warranties.
- Assembles new ATVs, UTV, snow machines, and outboard motors; maintain records of inspections, services, test rides and ensure acceptance forms are signed by customer.
- Performs routine warranty maintenance and service of ATVs, UTV, snow machines, and outboard motors; and maintains records of service performed.
- Enters all parts orders and daily fill in orders for whole goods, reconciles and allocates orders in the Polaris Dealership Website.
- Maintains, diagnoses, and repairs specific vehicle repairs to include: Mend and weld damaged body parts; rewire ignition systems; rebuild engines, components and adjust all ATVs, UTV, snow machines, and outboard motors.
- Mount motors to boats and operate boats at various speeds on waterways to conduct operational tests.
- Start motors and monitor performance for signs of malfunctioning, such as smoke, excessive vibration, or misfiring.
- Disassemble and inspect motors to locate defective parts, using mechanic's hand tools and gauges.
- Replace parts, such as gears, magneto points, piston rings, or spark plugs, and reassemble engines.
- Document inspection and test results and work performed or to be performed.
- Maintains special tools and literature required by Power Sports Division.
- Strictly adhere to safety procedures and attends training sessions as required.
- Periodically operate vehicle and heavy equipment such as forklift to lift crates.
- Meet and exceeds customer satisfaction; listens to/understanding the customerís needs.
- Maintains professional attitude and appearance at all times and exceeds customer service expectations.
- Regularly visits and maintains an active dealer network to ensure sales goals are met.
- Seeks to continuously learn and improve working knowledge of products.
- Updates knowledge through the review of service publications, bulletins and hands-on product experience.
- Communicates product questions or issues to supervisor and/or manufacturer.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Strong knowledge, understanding and sensitivity to the Inupiat culture.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Mechanic trade school courses and/or 4 years of mechanical work experiences.
- Preferred certifications.
- The ability to speak and understand the Inupiaq language is important and preferred but not required.
Appears you forgot to advertise the $ you are willing to pay for this position......
Pay - Mechanic Needed
Starting pay is $26.00 per hour; experience/certification is considered.