Thread: Anybody use the Greentop Cabin (public use) at Yakobi Island?

Default Anybody use the Greentop Cabin (public use) at Yakobi Island?

I cannot find any info on this cabin from anybody that has actually stayed there. Any feedback or experience anybody has had here would be appreciated. We are looking for a good base camp for a Salmon/Halibut trip. It looks like this cabin is near good fishing grounds.

How long does it take to get to Pelican from here?

Thanks!

Default Cabin

Quote Originally Posted by millsryno View Post
    I cannot find any info on this cabin from anybody that has actually stayed there. Any feedback or experience anybody has had here would be appreciated. We are looking for a good base camp for a Salmon/Halibut trip. It looks like this cabin is near good fishing grounds.

How long does it take to get to Pelican from here?

Thanks!

I have spent a few days at the cabin a few years back. It is a very nice cabin, but on the rustic side. It is fairly old and is not a like a typical forest service cabin. The anchorage is nice if you can get into the harbor. The entrance into green top harbor is tricky and with a large swell can be difficult if you have not bin through before. the entrance does have a few rocks and is fairly shallow with lots of kelp. The trip from the cabin is maybe 60min travelling 30mph.