Thread: A worthy event!

Default A worthy event!

FAA Safety Team | Safer Skies Through Education
    Thank you for registering online for the seminar "Note Time Change 6:30PM CFI Open Forum - Pilots and Mechanics". This is your registration confirmation email. The information below describes the seminar for which you have registered online.
    "Note Time Change 6:30PM CFI Open Forum - Pilots and Mechanics"
    On Tuesday September 23, 2014 at 18:30 Alaskan Daylight Time
    Select Number: AL0356270
    20130 Birchwood Spur Road

Chugiak, AK 99567
    Directions:
    Airframes Alaska/Alaskan Bushwheels are located on the West Side of the Airport.

Brief Description:
    Take a look into the Airframes Alaska manufacturing facility and see how they build safe and strong airframes and parts. Alaskan Bushwheels is next door and you can see how there manufactured and learn some tips on how to best take care of your tires. Steve Williams, from ACME CUB has just installed an Angle of Attack System (AOA) in his Cub and has information on how the device provides instantaneous readouts on angle of attack.

Fly-in Seminar?:
    Yes PABV
    Seating:
    50 seats at the facility, 18 remaining for online registration.

Registration Information:
    Click here to register online now!

Sponsoring Division:
    FAASTeam - Anchorage, AK

Contact Information:
    MICHAEL YORKE
    Phone: (907) 271-5908
    mike.yorke@faa.gov

Additional Event Information & Acknowledgement of Industry Sponsor(s):
    Join our hosts, Airframes Alaska & Alaskan Bushwheels for some post Hunting Season Safety Tips. Acme Cub will provide a discussion on Angle of Attact Indicators and thier operation.

Do you know if this is an honest conversation/training between mechanics and pilots or is it a sales pitch for air frames Alaska?

Judging by the names giving ( Steve Williams, and Mike Yorke ) I would say it would be a wortwhile event stressing Aviation safety.

A good venue to improve attendance. I'd like to hear what Steve Williams has to say about lift indicators. That's clearly an FAA favorite right now.

Quote Originally Posted by rppearso View Post
    Do you know if this is an honest conversation/training between mechanics and pilots or is it a sales pitch for air frames Alaska?
    If you promise to show up and talk nonsense like you do here, I'm making reservations! I'm supposed to be out of town flying but I'm getting a bucket of popcorn and a lawn chair and watching that circus if you are going.

Please advise.

Eleven seats remaining. I do not have any financial interest in said event and I rarely attend these gatherings as they can be boring and uneventful.
    This one has my attention though...

Angry

I had panned on flying up this afternoon. But my spouse has other plans for my person....
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Just got back. Glad I went as I learned some things. Good turn out and beautiful weather...frost tonight!