Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moose are heavy...work smarter, not harder.

Default Moose are heavy...work smarter, not harder.

Alaskan moose are heavy. Lots of work getting moose to boat. More fun getting boat to moose.

These pictures are from last weekend, a couple friends shot a moose on a side slough off the river. Packing the moose through the marsh to the boat parked on the main river would be a monumental task. Plan B, bring the boat to the moose...
    Wooly Jump.jpgwoolyjump2.jpg

Nice pics. Thats one way to do it!

Cool pics,that's some big air !

You need to send those to Glen, he could use them in his ads.
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

I like the way you think, cool pictures

Those are some BAD-ARSE pics....Woolys rock!
    BK

Quote Originally Posted by Ellamar View Post
    Alaskan moose are heavy. Lots of work getting moose to boat. More fun getting boat to moose.

These pictures are from last weekend, a couple friends shot a moose on a side slough off the river. Packing the moose through the marsh to the boat parked on the main river would be a monumental task. Plan B, bring the boat to the moose...
    Wooly Jump.jpgwoolyjump2.jpg

Lol!!! Awesome! Where's the video?!?!? Glens got enough marketing material the last week to last him for years!

Man, thats a lot of boat to get air with.
    Probably easier and less stressful to bring a small canoe along. Not as cool though
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

Wasilla, behind 3 Bears on the Palmer Wasilla Hwy

Wow, I have about the same kind of wooly and I don't think I would try something like that. But then, the thought of having to pack a moose is a powerful motivator and now that I've seen it done I might think about trying it.

Sorry, I don't see anything smart about destroying a beaver dam. Now SMART would have been to not shoot a moose if your to lazy to pack it. But I guess destructive machines willfully destroying wildlife habitat gives a lot of you men orgasms. I just find it sad, disrespectful and disgusting. But then I have a deep love and reverence for the majesty of Alaska, an experience you lack.

That's why they call them busy beavers. Give them something to do,,,,repair time is all the time for beavers.

Now were did I put those traps?

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Sorry, I don't see anything smart about destroying a beaver dam. Now SMART would have been to not shoot a moose if your to lazy to pack it. But I guess destructive machines willfully destroying wildlife habitat gives a lot of you men orgasms. I just find it sad, disrespectful and disgusting. But then I have a deep love and reverence for the majesty of Alaska, an experience you lack.
    WOW.......!
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

Really? Besides Mosquitos, I can't think of any northern critter more tenacious or prolific than Beavers.
    Tear that dam out with an excavator, and it will be rebuilt in a day or two. And I don't see any destroyed Beaver dam in that picture.
    I've never heard of a Beaver referred to as majestic. Eagles, Griz, never Beavers..... Besides, they give us Giardiasis. Down with Beavers!!
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukoner View Post
    Really? Besides Mosquitos, I can't think of any northern critter more tenacious or prolific than Beavers.
    Tear that dam out with an excavator, and it will be rebuilt in a day or two. And I don't see any destroyed Beaver dam in that picture.
    I've never heard of a Beaver referred to as majestic. Eagles, Griz, never Beavers..... Besides, they give us Giardiasis. Down with Beavers!!
    Eat a beaver save a tree. I hear they taste like chicken, ( just kidding) they really taste like the type of wood they eat.

Don't agitate the tree eaters. They stick together.
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Apparently Otters prey heavily on Beavers. They will tear out part of a dam, and when the Beavers come out of the lodge to repair the breach (they get all agitated by the sound of running water), the Otters go in to the lodge, eat the kits, and kill the adults when they return.
    Its true, really. So much for cute little Otters.
    They don't eat Aluminum though, so the Wooldridge is safe.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

He thought IT was TEOTWAWKI, so it's cool. That must have been a rush--nice pictures.

That's awesome. Don't mind the dirt lovin tree hugger's comments. I'm surprised he's not out chasing all those bears he keep me bragging about
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

I suppose the tree hugger wouldn't like to see where an airboat is capable of going.
    Thats OK, he's a hippocrate and I try to just ignore his silly posts that are meant to stir the pot anyway.

BK

The whole valley needs to have a bunch of beaver dams blown up with dynamite. Northern pike love the salmon that get trapped in those beaver dams.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast