Thread: 16 b war zone

Default 16 b war zone

So my neighbor out here in 16b ask me why I'm wearing an orange Texas Long horn hat the other day and I told him #1 because my Grand daughter gave it to me, and #2 because there were to many yahoo's shooting up the place this hunting season and I would hope they would see me. He told me I might get shot just because I was wearing a Texas Longhorn hat. I told him I might go visit town for a while because it might be safer during hunting season. All joking aside there are safe hunters and there are unsafe hunter. THINK! So far this season one neighbor has had bullets buzzing over head from someone on a gut pile just shooting into the air because he heard something and thought he would flush out a bear because he couldn't see the gut pile. It was my neighbor not a bear. The other day by Five fingers there was father and son target practicing on the gravel bar of the river. There was no backstop and they were shooting directly at the draw where boat travel comes to and from Alexander Creek. Let's not mention the many aircraft in the air at all times spotting moose. The place is buzz with hunters and I have nothing against that. This is just a reminder folks to use safe hunting practices and to be more aware of your surroundings. And last but not least, to the person or persons who left the illegal bull to rot on the shoreline of the Big Su near Five Fingers...... WHY?

A resident of Alexander Creek.

Bad bad stuff

Thanks for posting this. Also, if a person shoots an illegal bull they should always notify the authorities, not leave it to rot!

Was out last weekend and didn't see anything, plenty of mud holes to get stuck in though!

More camps on sand bars than I've seen up there before it's like every day has been Labor Day weekend. It must be the any bull permits in an area with limited access points.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Can't be worse than unit 13!!

Sorry to hear that just dont understand some people
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Because ya just can't fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by jkb View Post
    More camps on sand bars than I've seen up there before it's like every day has been Labor Day weekend. It must be the any bull permits in an area with limited access points.
    Yep, I've lived here since 1998 and I have never seen anything close to the pressure this year. Most of 16b is only accessible by water and mostly around the Alexander creek area. Like Retired Jim says, you cant fix stupid! It's easy to tell the good hunters from the bad though. There are a ton of moose in our area but I hope Fish and Feathers doesn't screw this hunt up by giving out to many permits every year. Have noticed that the bears and wolves are showing up in good numbers too. Would like to let all know that when you come into the mouth of Alexander Creek the first six miles of the creek are 100% private or native owned land. Also, please pay attention which direction your shooting and be a aware of homes and such in the area. On a lighter note just found out my neighbor bagged a 69 1/2 incher! I myself am a meat hunter but good for him!

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Jim View Post
    Because ya just can't fix stupid.
    My new book title about a certain Sarah!

Quote Originally Posted by alexander View Post
    Yep, I've lived here since 1998 and I have never seen anything close to the pressure this year. Most of 16b is only accessible by water and mostly around the Alexander creek area. Like Retired Jim says, you cant fix stupid! It's easy to tell the good hunters from the bad though. There are a ton of moose in our area but I hope Fish and Feathers doesn't screw this hunt up by giving out to many permits every year. Have noticed that the bears and wolves are showing up in good numbers too. Would like to let all know that when you come into the mouth of Alexander Creek the first six miles of the creek are 100% private or native owned land. Also, please pay attention which direction your shooting and be a aware of homes and such in the area. On a lighter note just found out my neighbor bagged a 69 1/2 incher! I myself am a meat hunter but good for him!
    Saw two wolves last weekend as well.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

image1.JPG Here is a nice 16b bull! Good job Neighbor!